PDA

View Full Version : Advice pretty please

lou246
21-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm 'still' filling in the pre reg booklet and am again stuck on another question!

My head is starting to feel like its going to explode :eek:

I know the six areas of learning but...can anyone help me on what play activities you would give a very young child and a four year old for each of the six areas?

I would really appreciate some help with this one pleeeeeease!!! :blush:

Many thanks
xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
21-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Have a think about what you are doing?

i.e. Physical Development can have a wide range of ideas from playing at the park, soft play or ball indoors

Look at your toys and activities and see what you would use them for?

Craft covers everything.

Penny1959
21-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Agree with Debbie. Also most toys can - with a little imagination-be used to cover most areas of learning. Don't forget about household items like saucepans and wooden spoons, and domestic task like tidy up time, laying the table etc.

Suggest you make a note of what do in typical day and THEN divide into areas of learning - you will find lots of overlap and most likely all areas covered.

Once you get started it will all fall into place.

Penny :)

linda2girls
21-10-2010, 06:28 PM
I remember being asked this question at my pre-reg. Here are a few ideas. Also, look at the free resources on this site - there are activities broken down into the 6 areas.

PD - Bubbles in the garden.

CD - Play doh, junk modelling, musical instruments, songtime

KUW - planting, investigating water. Collecting leaves/conkers in the park, baking (could come under all 6 areas probably)

CLL - storytime, colouring, mark making (maybe in rice or sand or with chalk)

PSRN - puzzles

PSED - washing hands before after activities, helping each other.

Linda.

lou246
22-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Thank you all loads!!!
Theres so much information on this site, I love it!
I've now answered that question!
:clapping: