PDA

View Full Version : An update....

MissTinkerbell
10-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Just thought that I'd fill you in on what's happening as I promised to keep you posted:

Had visit from my childcare advisor yesterday. Went through NCMA pack and filled in forms for insurance and stuff - that starts 5th May so provided I have Ofsted form I shall be already to go.

Start ICP tonight - rang college yesterday and they had 1 place left for this course or I would have had to have waited until Oct 18th - which would have seriously been pushing it with Ofsted and the 6 month time scale.

Hubby is off to see about the First Aid course at our local nursery as Steve (my childcare chappie) is happy for me to do it with the nursery staff.

Now I just need to get seriously advertising (have done netmums, yell.com, gumtree and UKVillages). Hubby is going to advertise on the RAF Intranet for me. Might do a leaflet drop too - have any of you found this helpful?

Next job is to get some storage shelves and boxes for our cupboard under the stairs - its already a toy cupboard but just needs reorganising so is more user friendly.

sarah707
10-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Sounds like you are well on your way to being organised...

I find Ikea open shelving very good - you can change the shelf heights and it's easy for children to self-select from. :D

MissTinkerbell
10-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Ikea - thanks for that Sarah - at the moment we have a three shelf Argos shoe rack(:rolleyes: ) which fits prefect in there, so might get another of those and its only £14.99.

Like the Ikea idea but that's a trek over to Nottingham. Annoying thing is we have a massive Ikea distribution centre down the road but no store!

sarah707
10-04-2008, 11:12 AM
We have one in Warrington - the first one in the Uk if I remember rightly! It's like a scrummage most days though... I avoid it like the plague! :panic:

littlewonders
10-04-2008, 12:27 PM
We have one in Warrington - the first one in the Uk if I remember rightly! It's like a scrummage most days though... I avoid it like the plague! :panic:

Sarah is the one in Manchester not nearer to you? Sorry if not, geography wasn't my strong point!!

RAF is a good idea to advrtise I hadn't even thought of that, mind do you don't think there is a base anywhere near me :laughing:

sarah707
10-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Sarah is the one in Manchester not nearer to you? Sorry if not, geography wasn't my strong point!!

Dunno... not mine either... feeling incredibly thick now... I just treck to Warrington...

Where is the Manchester one? :blush:

Rubybubbles
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Just thought that I'd fill you in on what's happening as I promised to keep you posted:

Had visit from my childcare advisor yesterday. Went through NCMA pack and filled in forms for insurance and stuff - that starts 5th May so provided I have Ofsted form I shall be already to go.

Start ICP tonight - rang college yesterday and they had 1 place left for this course or I would have had to have waited until Oct 18th - which would have seriously been pushing it with Ofsted and the 6 month time scale.

Hubby is off to see about the First Aid course at our local nursery as Steve (my childcare chappie) is happy for me to do it with the nursery staff.

Now I just need to get seriously advertising (have done netmums, yell.com, gumtree and UKVillages). Hubby is going to advertise on the RAF Intranet for me. Might do a leaflet drop too - have any of you found this helpful?

Next job is to get some storage shelves and boxes for our cupboard under the stairs - its already a toy cupboard but just needs reorganising so is more user friendly.

r u on quarters? The HIVE is always good for adervtising in the monthly mag and inside the HIVE its self HTH!!

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 01:40 PM
How exciting it's all happening :clapping:

I've had a brill time with my mindees this week, it reminds me of why I do this job.

Good luck.

miffy
10-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Great news - won't be long now

miffy xx

littlewonders
10-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Dunno... not mine either... feeling incredibly thick now... I just treck to Warrington...

Where is the Manchester one? :blush:

LoL don't...it has not long opened, its in aston under lyne, i think it's better than warrington one as it seems more organised and well set out.....but that could just be me!!!

LittleMissSparkles
11-04-2008, 08:06 AM
before you know it you will have lots of children to look after xxx

sarah707
11-04-2008, 08:23 AM
LoL don't...it has not long opened, its in aston under lyne, i think it's better than warrington one as it seems more organised and well set out.....but that could just be me!!!

I will investigate... my best friend lives in Stalybridge, that's over that way isn't it?

Hmmm... meatballs and that yummy sauce for lunch this weekend... :D