PDA

View Full Version : just working after school

juejue
20-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I am thinking of just working 3 till 6 for school pick up.

Does anyone else only work after school. If you do has it worked out okay for you.

Helcatt
20-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I found that there were a lot of after school clubs and play schemes here that work out a lot cheaper, so depended on how long the parent needed you for.

I had one lad that was here just under a year but the other that was drop off and collect has now started the afterschool scheme and is just a drop off

Check out the competition in your area and that should give you an idea

HX

mummyof3
20-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I did this for 10mths as they were the only enquiries I was getting. I ended up full and unable to take on ANY children during the day. I loved it I had all day to myself and hardly any paperwork as majority were much older 8+. It worked for me financially and practically I sometimes wish I hadn't changed it and took on my full time and part time eyfs children :blush:

carolinex
20-10-2010, 09:03 PM
hi,, yes im just doing after school childminding,,just starting &only got one child at minute,, but fits in with my own DS school day & as hes a only child hes getting kids from his school to play with & im earning a wage ! Sarah does a great mini-book about looking after older kids & you dont have to bother with EYFS if the child is 5+,, Ofsted said it will be at least 6mths to 3 years before they vist, so plenty of time to sort paperwork out..:laughing:

Lady Haha
20-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I do schoolies only, so not just after school, but mornings and all day in school hols too. But I love it!!! As said above, alot less paperwork for a start and I love having all day to myself!

Financially, its okay if you can get a good few!!! I have an 8 seater car so have given myself a limit of 6 mindees plus my son. On average its between four and six mindees each day. I charge £8.00 for after school session, deliberately to match the afterschool club price. Same hours, same price but better service:thumbsup:

I get paid around £175 per week for after schoolers termtime, so not bad really for 15 hours work! I get paid a lot more in school holidays, but I have more expenses with day trips etc which I don't have after school!

My favourite day of the year is the first day back at school after the summer hols!!! Those 6 hours stretching out in front of me from 9am are just heavenly on that day!!!

nokidshere
21-10-2010, 06:22 AM
I also do schoolies only. I do a couple of mornings a week, every afternoon 3:30-6 and 2 days full time in the holidays.

It works out fine financially, I charge £4 per hour. I have up to 9 mindees each day and I have 17 on my books. I love having my days free :D