PDA

View Full Version : feel like a fraud!

selena 31
20-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I just wounderd if you guys take your mindees to the shop for walks and get a bit of shopping or go for wonders to the park ect ?

I know it seems a silly question but after working in nursery and preschool i feel bit like should i be doing these things?
I feel like how can we be getting paid for taking mindees to the park etc and having a good time doing what i love and having cuddles and super smiles to boot from a 9 mnth old!:jump for joy:
Its my first week minding and yes i am tired as starting work 7 in the morning instead of 9 and working till 6 insted of 3 but carnt believe how less stressed out i feel being able to get out in the fresh air and doing what i choose for us to do! ( can be quite frustrating in nursery settings sometimes)
just wanted to clarify that its ok to walk to the shops and visit childminding friends is this what you all do?
i feel bit of a fraud not sitting inside making children do activities all day!:blush:

Mookins
20-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I just wounderd if you guys take your mindees to the shop for walks and get a bit of shopping or go for wonders to the park ect ?

I know it seems a silly question but after working in nursery and preschool i feel bit like should i be doing these things?
I feel like how can we be getting paid for taking mindees to the park etc and having a good time doing what i love and having cuddles and super smiles to boot from a 9 mnth old!:jump for joy:
Its my first week minding and yes i am tired as starting work 7 in the morning instead of 9 and working till 6 insted of 3 but carnt believe how less stressed out i feel being able to get out in the fresh air and doing what i choose for us to do! ( can be quite frustrating in nursery settings sometimes)
just wanted to clarify that its ok to walk to the shops and visit childminding friends is this what you all do?
i feel bit of a fraud not sitting inside making children do activities all day!:blush:

aaaw bless ya heart:) i try to make sure i go outside for at least 20 mins a day whether its out in the garden chasing the pigeons or for walk to the local shop for milk
so much can be learnt just from wandering round, or shopping and although the weather is pants jumping in puddles is SOOOO much fun
xxx

sarah707
20-10-2010, 08:36 PM
We go out every day.

Having fun and acting daft is obligatory! :D

jaja
20-10-2010, 08:38 PM
No thats fine, i take the kids too tescos or to the ducks or round to friends as long as its risk assessed and parents are aware of what you have done then theres no problem, we are giving the children a home from home not a nursery environment, its suppost to be fun for you both, to watch a child florish and grow and give them the experiences that you would give your own children including shopping they learn soo much, taking picture cards and getting them to count or just seeing new things... all adds up....

Working as a childminder can be the best job in the world as long as you put in what you get out, if you see what i mean....

Coffee soon? text me when you are free, and i am glad you got sorted with the new lo xxxx

Mookins
20-10-2010, 08:38 PM
We go out every day.

Having fun and acting daft is obligatory! :D

:clapping: :thumbsup:
most definatly lol
xxx

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 08:39 PM
oh absolutely - thats the beauty of childminding if you want to go of the park/beach/Africa (on a magic carpet)/museum/friends house/shops and so on...... you can - just like that:thumbsup: :D

The Juggler
20-10-2010, 08:39 PM
welcome to minding hon. just relax and enjoy it. parks and ducks and free farms are fab little trips for little onesx.