PDA

View Full Version : Why?.....Why?.....Why?....

Alibali
20-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I've lost count of the number of times my adorable 2yo mindee has asked me this today!!!!

Jump into the car....Why?
Because it's raining and we don't want to get wet........Why?
Ok, get into your seat now.........Why?
Because we need to get you strapped in so you're safe......Why?

You get the picture, it's driving me to distraction:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

onceinabluemoon
20-10-2010, 06:36 PM
heehee I have one like this too, why is the phrase of the moment. usually I answer her question (which is then usually met with another 'why') but now sometimes I just say 'because I told you to!' which is something I thought I'd never say!!

The other saying of the week (not the same child) is 'it's not fair'

Today I'd had enough and when I gave a 5 minute warning to get out of the ball pool and was greeted with ohhhhhh its not fair' made them get out there and then and left!

miffy
20-10-2010, 06:40 PM
You get the picture, it's driving me to distraction:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why?

(sorry couldn't resist........... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: )

Miffy xx

Alibali
20-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Why?

(sorry couldn't resist........... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: )

Miffy xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Thanks for that, hadn't heard it for 2 hours now!

Noomie
20-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I've begun to answer with "why do you think?" That way they start to answer themselves. Love the answer a question with a question!

Carol M
20-10-2010, 07:34 PM
It's a better word than the other favourite word of a 2yr old......
NO :angry:
Carol xx

The Juggler
20-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I've begun to answer with "why do you think?" That way they start to answer themselves. Love the answer a question with a question!

brilliant ploy and gets them to start answering those why questions for themselves.

sweets
20-10-2010, 09:32 PM
ive had 2 year olds today and their favourite word at the moment is

'MINE!'

singlewiththree
21-10-2010, 06:50 AM
My 2yr old mindees word of the moment is WHAT

Everything you say she replies WHAT in that teenage tone, she has older siblings :rolleyes:

and to get attention she says "xxx bit me" its usually a sibling that isn't there so I say "oh did xxx give you a really big kiss because you are so lovely" and she stops when she realises she isn't getting the shock reaction she expects

Tink
21-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Were trying to get my daughter to say pardon instead of what.
She says what, we say, pardon, so now she says what pardon?

singingcactus
21-10-2010, 07:09 AM
I had an older kid who always used to say why. One day I told her that 'why' was banned, she could still ask the question but she had to use a different single word to replace why.
It was so peaceful after that :) don't think that will work with a 2 year old though. When my youngest was in his why stage, my elder two started to do it to him.
'brother, come play with me'
'why'
'cos I want you to'
'why'
'cos i love you'
'why'
'GRRRRR' :laughing:

Alibali
21-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Not too bad today, only 25 times so far!!!:laughing: :laughing:
I tried the why do you think line, and his reply....................'why' lol.

bekki0405
21-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I have just started having a 4 year old after school who does this. It's very wearing after a few hours. I do say 'why do think that?' and he does know what to say. Or he says something over and over again, like we were going to pick my daughter up, which we'd talked about numerous times that day. He kept saying 'where are we going' I just answer, where do you think we going, can you remember?'

His Mum says he the same at home, and they do the same thing as me.

Deep breathing helps too :laughing: :laughing:

LisaMcNally09
21-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Ive got an 'ok' child at moment and its sending me crazy.:laughing:

Everything i ask he says 'ok' as he thinks thats what i want to hear but most of the time he doesnt do what ive asked or he does something again that ive asked him not to:D