PDA

View Full Version : complaint from parent

Hebs
20-10-2010, 05:45 PM
about another child in my setting,

well not a complaint as such just her child dislikes another child and has started complaining of headaches as this other child is just SO loud :panic:

Mindee who has complained is 5, the mindee she has complained about is 8
i did have words with this mindee yesterday about how we dont use loud voices inside we use our "indoor voices"

I know other mindees struggle to tolerate this mindee.

Would you have words with mindees mum?? and if so what would you say??

HELP :panic:

miffy
20-10-2010, 07:13 PM
If you speak to 8yo's mum then I wouldn't mention the other parents concerns just stick with what you've observed and see if you can come up with something between you.

I did have a child who was very loud - almost shouted instead of talked - and it drove me potty. I found it settled once she started school and now she's quieter than some of the others.

Good luck

Miffy xx

sarah707
20-10-2010, 07:24 PM
If it's a proper complaint then log it.

You need to find out exactly what the child / parent wants you to change then speak to the other child / parent and find out if they are prepared to work with you to resolve it.

Perhaps some group activities would help? About being tolerant / accepting differences / focusing on similarities... those sorts of things?

I had a screamer for a while and some older children complained to parents to the point they were about to leave me... the screamer stopped and they stayed, then they told me what they had been about to do.

i soooo wish they'd said something at the time. I thought everything was ok.

It's better you know and can deal with it sensitively and openly :D

Hebs
20-10-2010, 07:32 PM
i'm going to have a chat with all of the kids tonight as i have 2 who are noisy and its getting out of hand :panic:

mum2two
20-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I have a noisy one, who shouts & demands. But he's mine!!! :rolleyes: Can I give him notice??? :laughing:

xx

Zoomie
20-10-2010, 07:56 PM
I have a noisy one, who shouts & demands. But he's mine!!! :rolleyes: Can I give him notice??? :laughing:

xx

me too :blush: :blush:

Helcatt
20-10-2010, 07:59 PM

xx

Snap. I asked her to give something to big sister today and she screeched her name, so loudly!

Good idea to ahve a chat with them all and have a chat with mum and see if the 8yo is as loud at home. As there are two who are loud, are they upping the volume to compete?

Hx

Hebs
20-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Snap. I asked her to give something to big sister today and she screeched her name, so loudly!

Good idea to ahve a chat with them all and have a chat with mum and see if the 8yo is as loud at home. As there are two who are loud, are they upping the volume to compete?

Hx

yes she is loud at home AND at school, and no they dont compete cos other one isnt always here same days :thumbsup:

CHEEKY BEE
20-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Has she had her hearing checked? Just a possibility if she is being loud at urs, home and school.

Or, does she just like to be heard:)

mummyof3
20-10-2010, 08:22 PM
My ds is loud but he has a hearing problem. Might be worth parents getting it checked we just assumed our ds was a typical loud noisy boy :blush:

The Juggler
20-10-2010, 08:43 PM
If you speak to 8yo's mum then I wouldn't mention the other parents concerns just stick with what you've observed and see if you can come up with something between you.

I did have a child who was very loud - almost shouted instead of talked - and it drove me potty. I found it settled once she started school and now she's quieter than some of the others.

Good luck

Miffy xx

sounds like my dd:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: mindees do steer clear sometimes but she's not frightened them off completely yet. That's a tough one Hebs. Has mum had everything checked, hearing etc. Mind you got our dd checked and ears were fine - she's just a shouter:rolleyes:

ORKSIE
21-10-2010, 07:09 AM
I have a boy after school, who cant talk without shouting.
I have asked mum if he has issues with his hearing. She says not.
So I say "C little voice please" and he does quieten down. I have told Mum what I say to him, she said I have stareted to do this at home too.

But if C were mine, I would get his hearing checked.

FussyElmo
21-10-2010, 11:42 AM
sounds like my dd:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: mindees do steer clear sometimes but she's not frightened them off completely yet. That's a tough one Hebs. Has mum had everything checked, hearing etc. Mind you got our dd checked and ears were fine - she's just a shouter:rolleyes:

My ds doesnt come with volume control neither :laughing: :laughing: wish he did sometimes.

If there is nothing wrong with her eyes then it just constant telling them to use quiet voices.

ORKSIE
21-10-2010, 12:06 PM
My ds doesnt come with volume control neither :laughing: :laughing: wish he did sometimes.

If there is nothing wrong with her eyes then it just constant telling them to use quiet voices.

Eyes ?? :cool: :laughing: xx

FussyElmo
21-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Eyes ?? :cool: :laughing: xx

It begins with an "e" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brain is going right to mush this week - worse than normal :)

ORKSIE
21-10-2010, 12:12 PM
It begins with an "e" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brain is going right to mush this week - worse than normal :)

:laughing: :laughing: Its nearly Friday:thumbsup:

Mykidsrock
21-10-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm in agreement about LO needs their hearing checked. My younger brother got labeled as a problem child in school cos he was so loud - it later turned out he was deaf in one ear.

Hebs
21-10-2010, 06:06 PM
well

tonight i sat them all down and spoke to them all regarding the noise level and how i would not tolerate shouting inside

:clapping:

had a fantastic evening and more relaxed too :thumbsup: