PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant Prat

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Well I am not sure if it is being ignorant but he is definately a prat!

Whizz back to Monday night - Dad was yapping about something and I said oh I can't i have to take James to ballet class. To which he started laughinng and said 'right-o' in a sarky way. I said no really, he does go to ballet. Dad looked surprised and started saying about prancing around like a girl and fairy, to which I glared and put him straight.
Dad parent turned up to collect children tonight. R started on about dance lessons at school (think its the street dancing again) and Dad laughed and said oh you are not doing poofta dancing like James are you. My face must have said it all, as he started to back out the door. Very pointedly asked him to refrain from comments like that in my house and in front of my children, told him not to be so disparaging about someones hobbies as he was not only saying that about James he was saying that about me and i then explained very slowly that some of the worlds strongest and fittest men are ballet dancers. I was seething.

james is now just a little upset and not wanting to go dancing :(

All this on top of him getting bother (hitting and kicking0 from two boys in his class and someone - although I cannot quite decipher who - has told him if he tells that they will kill him. Not sure if its all in a game if you know what I mean - 5 year old boisterous play going to unchecked and too far but its been enough to upset James. Have told the teacher(s) and have told them I want it nipped in the bud otherwise I will be sorting it out. The 'killing bit' is what horrified me most.:panic:

georgie456
20-10-2010, 04:49 PM
What an idiot. What else can I say?!

I think you handled him brilliantly and really put him in his place!

I had this with one of my parents once when he arrived to collect and his son was playing with My Little Ponies. He just wouldn't let it drop and called his son 'a little nancy' I was outraged and told him so!

I hope it doesn't put your son off from doing something he really enjoys just because of a comment from one stupid man.

Really sorry to hear about the situation at school too - hope the school get this sorted asap.

jo f
20-10-2010, 04:50 PM
How rude! Some people are just numb to others feelings. Hope everythin is ok and good on your ds to enjoy expressing himself through dance! Hope it doesnt put him off, its nice to have an interest.
As for the other stuff, I hope it gets sorted, poor lamb- unfortunatly I went through stuff growin up, its not nice at all people can be so cruel. Sendin a big hug xxx

Blaze
20-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Tell James:

1) A ballerina's legs are stronger than a professional footballers legs!

2) Many professional footballers take ballet lessons to improve their skills on the field (for example getting height for headers)

:thumbsup:

...you might what to eduacate this Dad with those FACTS too!! GRRRR:angry:

miffy
20-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Stupid man! Well done for biting back!

Hope James is OK and wont be put off by this. Maybe he's worried if the boys at school find out he'll get more teasing.

Really hope school come down on this quickly and hard.

Miffy xx

grindal
20-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I went to school with a boy who had dance lessons with all the girls. He now dances on the west end stage - dont think any of the girls he danced with ever made it!

sarah707
20-10-2010, 05:08 PM
I agree with your title :(

angeldelight
20-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I agree with your title :(

Yeah me too :laughing:

Some people amaze me

Angel xx

Trouble
20-10-2010, 05:47 PM
what a tosser !!!!!

you should of added you should try it sometimes for those extra pounds you are carrying :laughing:

some of those dancers are fit:blush:

sillysausage
20-10-2010, 05:59 PM
This was the centre pages of yesterday's Sun newspaper

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3185996/Andy-McNab-goes-to-ballet-loves-it.html

I hope you can convince your son to continue with his dance lessons, everyone should be able to enjoy their chosen activities without such mindless imbecilic remarks. I would be tempted to print off the article and give it to the 'prat'.

georgie456
20-10-2010, 06:02 PM

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3185996/Andy-McNab-goes-to-ballet-loves-it.html

I hope you can convince your son to continue with his dance lessons, everyone should be able to enjoy their chosen activities without such mindless imbecilic remarks. I would be tempted to print off the article and give it to the 'prat'.

Do it!!!! That article looks like it was written for him!!!!

SaijaM
20-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I totally agree with your title too!!! What an idiot!:angry:

I've danced ballroom all my life since I was little and the guys who I've got to know over the years that partner us ladies :) are the most fittest, strongest and manliest that I know!!

In dance, the guys are the 'frame' and us ladies are the 'picture' and they better make the picture look good :) This is why they are SO manly, they have the power.

I can't even begin to say how stupid his comments have been!
GRrrrrrrrrrr.

Hope it all gets sorted at school xx

Alibali
20-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Some people don't think before they speak, numpty that he is!

charliegee
20-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry but what a total idiot that man is!!!!:angry: I would be fuming and I think you handled the situation brilliantly

...I think that as your title says this man must be ignorant because clearly he is totally unaware of any social decency.

That man sounds like a prize goon to me!!!

I've had parents make comments about boys playing with prams etc and I ignore it or say "yes, they've loved that today - all the children love it" but I have to say never have I heard of someone as ignorant as that man!!

Hope your James is alright too xxx

miffy
20-10-2010, 06:51 PM

Great article! See if the idiot will eat his words.

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 08:35 PM
thats a great article - thanks - might just print that off and attach it to some themed planning that I am supporting children in their physical development of dance:D

Mind you, my dance teacher would have snapped my thumbs of if I held them like Louie ! lol

The Juggler
20-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Good for you for speaking up Pip. sorry to hear about James at school. DS has had it awful at school but he's 11 so can't imagine how upset James is. I heard 3 year olds saying I'm gonna 'tack you and kill you yesterday'. I said oh that's not very nice. Their response, we're just playing power rangers we need to kill the baddies.:(

Lady Haha
20-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Agree with every one else AND the title of the thread! My own son who is now 8 has been doing ballet for two years now and I feel really lucky that all my parents have been really supportive about it (his exam certificates are on the hallway wall) even the really manly, laddy dad who picks up doesn't bat an eyelid when he comes to collect his son and there's my son dressed up as Cinderella (but thats another thread!)

sweets
20-10-2010, 09:34 PM
whata nasty rude little man :(

keeks
20-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Agree with the others. Ignorant Prat and worse!

Hope your James is getting over the stupid remarks.

:group hug:

xx

Happy Bunny
21-10-2010, 06:30 AM
How about buying the dad a copy of Billy Elliot for a christmas present :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Silly man, my son likes dressing up in all the fairy dressing up clothes, does that make him a sissy NO!

ORKSIE
21-10-2010, 07:02 AM
OMG!!!!! How rude:mad:

Your title was correct...and Blaze is right about the Footballers.

How dare this man belittle your Son in His own home! I would have warned him, that if he ever spoke like that again in My home I would give Immediate notice!!!

Sorry Pip but this has really made me cross.:angry:

Sending your DS Big Hugs!
xx

mama2three
21-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Blaze beat me to my reply - my nephew did ballet all the way through to 18 , he is one of the fittest people I know - and if his 'friends' ever said anything to him he pointed out how the top football clubs all have ballet coaches for their players - to build core strength , balance etc.
Connor has never had any lessons but is known as billy at school after billy elliot as he is a brilliant dancer ( school has performing arts status so all pupils take dance in y7 and 8) . Ive got to say that Dh is less than impressed ,and is also a prat - but he wouldnt make comments to others . Even hes not that downright rude!

jelly15
21-10-2010, 07:16 AM
What sort of an a***hole is that man :angry: . Hope the school does indeed nip things in the bud.

Pipsqueak
21-10-2010, 07:20 AM
bless ya all - I have never had any problems with this dad - he is ineffective in disciplining his kids but never experienced stoopid remarks of him.

I think we will be practising some ballet when parents arrive on Friday evening:D

Pipsqueak
22-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Todays planning -

introduction to ballet:D :D probably not long just before parent arrives:D :D :littleangel:

Blaze
22-10-2010, 12:54 PM
:thumbsup: :clapping: :laughing: :D ;)

mamasheshe
22-10-2010, 12:56 PM
i think your spot on

also i'm sure they get ballet dancers in to help train footballers ? i will see if i can find an article xx

Gizmo
22-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Ha good for you and see if you can get Dad to join in as he is waiting for his lo to get ready :laughing: Hope your DS is ok xx