PDA

View Full Version : 2 under 1 year???

bec123
20-10-2010, 01:33 PM
I've just started minding again after having a baby - she is 4 months old now. I've had an enquiry today about looking after a baby full time. I feel i would be able to cope with 2 under 1 but what are the chances of ofsted saying yes? other baby is 3 weeks younger than mine. i think it would be nice for them as they have someone 2 interact with who is a similar age - doing things at around the same time etc. I'm going to apply for a variation but dont want to get my hopes up:( no other c/m in area with fulltime space.

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 01:50 PM
you can never tell what the chances are.

What you do need to do is apply for the variation. The more detail that you can demonstrate in it that you are capable, got the resources etc the better it will be.

miffy
20-10-2010, 01:53 PM
You should also point out that there are no other childminders in the area with full time places - Ofsted should take that into consideration too.

The stronger you can make your case, the better chance you have.

Miffy xx

bec123
20-10-2010, 04:56 PM
ok thanks for that. i didnt know if anyone had any pointers to help strengthen my case x

buzzy bee
20-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I got one before I'd even started minding so I'd say your chances are good :thumbsup: I have my own boy under 1 too so that might have helped (altho he's closer to one than you're baby so not sure if that made a difference). Good luck :)

Twinklestars
20-10-2010, 07:24 PM
i got a variation for my first mindee who was then 7 months when my ds was 3 months old - make it clear this is your only 1 at the moment as this may also count in your favour, no harm in asking but it can take a few weeks to come through

The Juggler
20-10-2010, 08:49 PM
they won't usually grant a variation for new business:(

LilyBelles
20-10-2010, 08:53 PM
i have managed to get 2 under 1 years my daughter was 5 months when i appied and i just stated i wanted 2 under 1 and they said nthing baout it and when i had my pre reg visit she said she thought i was capable to have 2 under 1