PDA

View Full Version : 'I Cant'

samkeddy
20-10-2010, 12:32 PM
GRRRRR! if i keep hearing these words im going to go insane, everything i plan, everything we do all i hear is a mardy 'i cant' (and most things she can)
Any tips?:( :( :(

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 12:38 PM
How old???

Just turn it round into a positive and say 'oh well lets see if we CAN'

It can be very grating can't it! I have a mindee who ia a I Can and I Will do everything!

Twinkles
20-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I have a poster on my playroom wall with pictures of the children that says ' I can.......'

When they try something new or do something they have struggled with we write what they have achieved under their name.

They love to see their accomplishments written down for all to see and the older ones look at what the babies and toddlers have done and praise them.

samkeddy
20-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I have a poster on my playroom wall with pictures of the children that says ' I can.......'

When they try something new or do something they have struggled with we write what they have achieved under their name.

They love to see their accomplishments written down for all to see and the older ones look at what the babies and toddlers have done and praise them.

Thats a lovely idea i really like it!
She's just over 2.5yrs,
I dont think she would really understand the poster tho, although she's bright in some area's she really doesnt seem to take in much of what i say :( :(

mushpea
20-10-2010, 07:31 PM
depends what it is,, like today the 2.6yrold fell in the garden,, wasnt hurt but
didnt like being dirty so we went in to wash hands,, i said turn on the tap and she said 'no you do it' i said pardon,, so she repeated it so I refused and said untill she had washed her hands she couldnt play,,, after 15mins of saying i cant (and me knowing she could as she has done several times before) she gave in.
if its doing an activity then it try the lets see if we can approach and if that dosent work and its somthing i know they can do then i say,, never mind you will just have to miss out and have any biscuits to take home then or what ever it is we are doing,, they soon learn when the others show their handywork to their parents and they have nothing.

babs
20-10-2010, 08:36 PM
i have 3 1/2 yr old that says this, i always say theres no such thing as cant lets try and then make big fuss and say yehhhh we did it, after that shes fine all week till she comes again on a monday and i cant starts all over again, i cant take my boots off , i cant feed myself , i cant take my coat off, i cant paint,draw the list goes on and on...

samkeddy
21-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for your replys at least she's not the only one then!