PDA

View Full Version : mindees damaged property

flowerpots
20-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi every1,

dont really know where to start. Mum to r knocked the door this morning and was holding up r's new coat, she said 'do you know what this is?' (a coat lol) there was a stain on the back of her coat (looks a little bit like oil) i said no and she replied 'well it wasnt there yesterday' and just threw the coiat into the house and said bye.

Im sat here not really knowing what to think or do about the situation, i sent mum a text after asking if she would like me to just put it into the washing machine with some vanish and if she is worried about r's property getting damaged then she really needs to send her in old clothes as previously requested.

the queston is, what to do if the stain doesnt come out? do i need to replace the coat? i honestly dont think r did it while with me but cant be absolutely sure!

:-l

Daftbat
20-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I would speak to her and say that you are not aware that any damage was done whilst in your care but that you also don't appreciate being accused by her in the manner she appears to have adopted.

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 12:12 PM
AGree with Daftbat.

First of all, who the heck does she think she is talking to you like that. Next, ok so its got a stain but prove where it came from - you too were obviously not aware that there was a stain there.

I think I would be inclined to review the contract with this apparently obnoxious and rude woman.
She may well be cross and angry about damage on a new coat but that does not excuse her behaviour and attitude towardds you - in your own home and in front of children.

Do NOT agree to wash it, dry clean, replace etc.

singingcactus
20-10-2010, 12:33 PM
As the others have said, no you don't need to replace it. Mum however might like to replace her attitude with a nicer one though.

Ripeberry
20-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Wow! That mum has a stressy head on her :eek: What on earth is she like if you do painting or messy stuff?
As the others have said, you don't deserve to be spoken to like that and maybe this time it will teach the mum not to send her child to you with brand new clothes ;)

The Juggler
20-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I agree. Sit mum down and say you were very upset by her attitude and of course if you had noticed you would have pointed it out. But kids need coats to go out and play and they WILL get dirty if they do that.:angry:

JCrakers
20-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Agree with all. I cant believe the way she spoke to you...:eek:
Id definitley say something about not being spoken to in that manner...sure she'd speak to a dog better!!!

If the coat is so valuable the child should keep it for best and obviously shouldnt be wearing it.

Id give it her back.....

onceinabluemoon
20-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd give her the coat back tonight and ask her to be a little more polite in future and to send her child in old clothing as per your policy/advice.

georgie456
20-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I absolutely agree with everyone else.
Firstly, when will these parents learn not to send their children in their lovely new clothes?!
Secondly, how dare she talk to you like that!!!! I would be very offended if a parent spoke to me in that manner.

Blaze
20-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Thisd parent is gonna be in for a nasty shock when her LO goes to school!:rolleyes: :D

flowerpots
20-10-2010, 06:52 PM
hi guys, thank you all for the replies.

when mum picked lo up this afternoon, i hadnt washed the coat, i told her i didnt know what the stain was and it is possible that it may have happened while lo was with me but unfortunately these things do happen! i told her the next time she speaks to me in the manner she did this morning i will be handing her, her notice and to remember that she is a guest in my home and if necessary i will hand over at the door step and she wont be welcomed into the house. then told her we are painting 2moz to which she just rolled her eys lol.

:-)

miffy
20-10-2010, 07:06 PM
hi guys, thank you all for the replies.

when mum picked lo up this afternoon, i hadnt washed the coat, i told her i didnt know what the stain was and it is possible that it may have happened while lo was with me but unfortunately these things do happen! i told her the next time she speaks to me in the manner she did this morning i will be handing her, her notice and to remember that she is a guest in my home and if necessary i will hand over at the door step and she wont be welcomed into the house. then told her we are painting 2moz to which she just rolled her eys lol.

:-)

Good for you!

Did she apologise?

I hope her little one gets good and messy tomorrow! :D

Miffy xx

Mookins
20-10-2010, 07:08 PM
OMG:rolleyes:
what does she expect, my mindees mum keeps telling me, dont worry if L gets messy, its natural:clapping:

xxx

flowerpots
20-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Good for you!

Did she apologise?

I hope her little one gets good and messy tomorrow! :D

Miffy xx

no miffy she didnt apologise.

she doesnt like lo to get messy lol im going to make it my mission to let r get as messy as she likes when she here hee hee :-)

miffy
20-10-2010, 07:26 PM

she doesnt like lo to get messy lol im going to make it my mission to let r get as messy as she likes when she here hee hee :-)

I think that's dreadful - rude, ignorant woman.

I would let lo have a lovely, messy time! :D

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 08:27 PM

oooh sneaky peaky..... but I love a plan like that.
so its gloop one day
shaving foam and gel another
coloured rice (let the children help colour it)
custard
mash potato
soap flakes

now I know why they are 'crafty' activities lol

ps - well done on the rollicking :thumbsup:

babs
20-10-2010, 08:31 PM
i would have laid the blame right back at her if it looked like oil has she thrown the coat in boot of car?... what a cheek some ppl have talking to you like that in your home im afriad i wouldnt have been able to hold my tounge...

hmm take her the park get all muddy jumping in puddles arrive home just as she arrives to collect:D :D :D

The Juggler
20-10-2010, 08:37 PM
good for you for telling her honx

charliegee
20-10-2010, 09:48 PM
what a rude woman!!!

Hope the little one has a brilliant time with the gloop and the shaving foam! Gosh if I was the parent I'd be really chuffed my little one was having so much fun.

She shouldn't have had a go like that...not fair and very rude especially in your home xxx