PDA

View Full Version : When parent gives notice to make changes

snufflepuff
20-10-2010, 10:56 AM
A parent told me last week that she will need to reduce the hours LO attends. I told her I needed 4 weeks notice of the change in writing (LO will be doing the reduced hours straight away but Mum understand she still needs to pay for the contracted hours for the 4 weeks notice period) Mum said she would email it to me that night so I could print it, but she didn't. This was last Thursday, I have reminded her to send it (haven't seen her in person since due to illness) but still nothing.

Do you start the 4 weeks notice of changes from when parent tells you or from when you have it in writing? I'm just about to email to remind her again.

grindal
20-10-2010, 10:58 AM
If parents have given me verbal notice but nothing in writing I usually write the changes out for them and ask them to sign it! I think putting a verbal agreement in writing is often at the bottom of a parents to do list when they are getting los ready in the morning!

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 01:53 PM
ditto to Grindal.

miffy
20-10-2010, 01:56 PM
As above - you accepted the verbal notice so four weeks from that date.

Miffy xx

snufflepuff
20-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Okie Dokie, glad verbal notice is enough, i'd be waiting around forever for this one I think!

onceinabluemoon
20-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Okie Dokie, glad verbal notice is enough, i'd be waiting around forever for this one I think!

I would type something up myself and get mum to sign just in case she changes her mind after you've let the spot go, with nothing in writing it would be her word against yours in a dispute. x

snufflepuff
20-10-2010, 03:39 PM
i would type something up myself and get mum to sign just in case she changes her mind after you've let the spot go, with nothing in writing it would be her word against yours in a dispute.

Done that bit already, just need her to sign.She has changed things so many times- change of days, more hours etc, that I have a template saved and just change the details on it each time! Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to have something written by her.