PDA

View Full Version : older children

samkeddy
20-10-2010, 10:51 AM
just wondered what other people do with the older children, i care for a couple just 2 days a week and by the time we've had tea theres 1hr before they go home,
Iv done different things in that time, park, garden, large colouring on wall paper, painting, and freeplay, etc
But just wondered what does everyone else do for older ones with little time?
Thanks Sam:)

nokidshere
20-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't "do" anything with mine - unless they ask for me to be involved!

Often they play on the Wii, go out in the garden, draw, hamma beads etc but just as often they will slump -knackered after a hard day at school - in front of the TV. Sometimes we just sit around and chat.

Most of the children I mind have been on the go since 6/6:30am and are not wanting to do anything by the time they have finished school.

JCrakers
20-10-2010, 11:24 AM
I dont do anything with the schoolies. Dont have time and they are tired from school. They dont want to do activities, they just want to chill with TV or Wii or just play with each other inside or in garden.
Becky

caz3007
20-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I have had the same after schoolies for 4 years now and tried on lots of occasions to organise activities and they just want to do their own thing, so dont worry about it now.

Why not ask your mindies if there is anything they would like to do and take it from there.

samkeddy
20-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks for your answers i was kinda hoping people would say they dont 'do activities' but was just checking

Although the kids i have are quite kiddy and excited when come here, think it was cos it was new at first but now i may have set a rod for my own back as gave them lots of things to do in first few weeks which they enjoyed
Think i'll try and tone it down gradually:blush:

Thanks