PDA

View Full Version : sleeping consent form

sarahstanbridge
10-04-2008, 08:26 AM
hi, i have just had the report re my ofsted inspection and one of the actions is to get signed consent for the sleeping arrangements for the children. does anyone else have one .

sarah

sarah707
10-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Errrr.... I have parents sign to say child can be left asleep in the buggy if that's where they drop off or if I have an impending school run...

Nothing else, the rest is discussed verbally.

How peculiar?! Do you think you should appeal? On the grounds that

1. it's picky
2. there is nothing in the Standards to back it up
3. no other childminder you know has this permission
4. it is something you organise verbally with parents
5. parents will send in letters to back you up that you discuss it fully with them

I would definitely be tempted to put a letter together - nothing ventured and all that. What will we need permission for next I wonder...? Cuddling babies?!?

I feel for you! :(

Banana
10-04-2008, 08:36 AM
I agree with Sarah - sounds absurd to me?

x

angeldelight
10-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Omg what utter rubbish

Do they want a permission form for the toilet next I wonder

I have never heard anything like it in my life - they get worse

Angel xxx

emler
10-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Once again, madness :angry:

Emler x

Alibali
10-04-2008, 02:52 PM
would a child likes/dislikes form cover it i.e.x likes to sleep in a cot/buggy/sleeping bag/dark cupboard under the stairs?

Ali :laughing:

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh for goodness sake - a Sleeping Policy whatever next, oh yeah the Breathing Policy:D :laughing:

What are you supposed to do - prod and poke a child if they fall asleep in the wrong location/time/position/clothes on....

Good advice for Sarah - I would appeal..

sarahstanbridge
10-04-2008, 03:59 PM
it has annoyed me. when she was here she sugessted i might like to think about one as i did not have one. she said it was not a requirement. then she goes and puts it as an action at the end of the inspection.

if the mindie had not fallen asleep in the buggy on the school run it proberly would not even been mentioned. the parent know verbally that if the child falls asleep in the buggy i will leave then as they would wake if i was to move them to the travel cot, also they only nap now for about 30 mins. i think she was having trouble finding something that i did not have and thought up this.

sarah

littletreasures
10-04-2008, 04:20 PM
What rubbish.

I would definitely do a letter.

littletreasures

ajs
10-04-2008, 04:48 PM
it has annoyed me. when she was here she sugessted i might like to think about one as i did not have one. she said it was not a requirement. then she goes and puts it as an action at the end of the inspection.

if the mindie had not fallen asleep in the buggy on the school run it proberly would not even been mentioned. the parent know verbally that if the child falls asleep in the buggy i will leave then as they would wake if i was to move them to the travel cot, also they only nap now for about 30 mins. i think she was having trouble finding something that i did not have and thought up this.

sarah

well if that is all that was wrong with your setting well done to you.

write the letter like sarah said but don't worry about it if nothing changes after the letter i think you've done very well

nannan
10-04-2008, 10:13 PM
It certainly reads as she is being rather picky, like mandy said if that is all she could find wrong well done you,

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Again though, it goes to show the inconsistencies between inspectors and grading standards :angry:

Tatia
11-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I once got marked down in an inspection because all she could find was that "sometimes fruit from a tin is given instead fresh". :rolleyes: Who doesn't have a tin of peaches with custard once in awhile.

Picky, picky, picky.

cuddlybunny38
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
What I feel is silly is it must be ok for the baby to sleep in the buggy when you are outside on walks or trip but the min you go in you have to wake them up from a lovely sleep to PUT them to bed, that is really stupid. I wonder if the ofsed inspectores do that to their own children.

ChocolateChip
11-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I have put a bit about this in a questionnaire form, I have one for school children, one for babies and one for pre-schoolers, all along the line of
when does your baby need food/milk, when does your baby need sleep, etc. I've left a gap for explanatory notes and also put on things like do they need a comforter, special routine, music mobile etc,. There are also questions about what the child likes, favoutite toys, places to visit etc, all geared to the relevant age group.
I've also done a personal hygiene plan for each child and got the parents to tick boxes to state what they expect me to do. I only really did this to cover my back as none of them provide toothbrushes, or want me to use gloves,so I'll find out how that goes down next week!
:)