PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions :o)

Fraggle1
20-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Hiya!

Just wondering about insurance. I'm gonna wait til I get mindee's and then sort out my car insurance cause I don't necc. need it straight away for childminding. However, I was wondering about house insurance, When I join NMCA I'll have public liability so do I really need to change my house insurance? I really don't have anything major that children could break etc... and I'd have to pay an excess anyway. What are you going to do/done?

Still waiting for my certificate. x

Newbie1!
20-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Hiya!

Just wondering about insurance. I'm gonna wait til I get mindee's and then sort out my car insurance cause I don't necc. need it straight away for childminding. However, I was wondering about house insurance, When I join NMCA I'll have public liability so do I really need to change my house insurance? I really don't have anything major that children could break etc... and I'd have to pay an excess anyway. What are you going to do/done?

Still waiting for my certificate. x

Glad you asked this chick as I havent and wasnt planning on changing my house i insurance as I have the liability through NCMA and car is covered for business use just thought Id leave it at that - would be interesting to know what others say tho - what if you are minding one day and one of your own children breaks something - does that have any bearing on a claim? Hmmm??? Got me thinking now! Did they give you an idea how long your certificate would be? Have def got mine this Friday and have got enquiries when my cert will come so would love to give them a rough idea?xx

Fraggle1
20-10-2010, 02:18 PM
There is so much to think about eh?? lol Well, she said she just needed to write the report and make sure she had everything else...social services checks, heath dec. etc... and then it would be sent. She reckoned a couple of weeks but we shall see - took my friend 5 weeks to get hers! argghhhh lol :) xx

sarah707
20-10-2010, 04:56 PM
You will invalidate your home contents and buildings insurance if you do not inform your company that you are childminding.

Hth :D