PDA

View Full Version : dont know if i was to harsh

hollyoaksmad
20-10-2010, 06:54 AM
i look after a little latvian girl 4 years old for the past few weeks she has been bringing this bag with her with all bits and bobs in.

the other day i caught her stealing money from my car and i told the parents who then baught me chocolates next day.

then we went upstairs where she was asking me if she could have all of these items. i said no there mine.

went through her bag and she had my hair brush and a perfume lid. i took these back and tried to explaine they mine

then she pulled out something gold i looked closer to see it was a lighter i was shocked and took it off her straight away still a lilbit of gas in there

i said to dad " what do you think she baught into day?" he said" i dont know "i said have a think" "a lighter" i said

he then "said well it has no gas in any way" i said it "has a bit."

wish i said that is not the point. i said i found more things in her bag and im not happy.

he said wont be bringing the bag anymore

i just hope i was not to harsh but really shocked me

Polly2
20-10-2010, 07:13 AM
Not too harsh at all, imagine if she had started a fire :eek:

Her parents needed to realise how dangerous that was.

angeldelight
20-10-2010, 07:28 AM
I think its a good job you have nipped it in the bud

They obviously leave things around at home dont they for her to bring in the lighter

I do not think you were harsh

Hopefully she wont start putting things in her pockets instead now :eek:

Angel xx

JCrakers
20-10-2010, 11:28 AM
You did the right thing. I would have done the same.

Becky x

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 12:16 PM
No not harsh at all.

I discourage children bringing things from home for safety, keeping it safe etc reasons.

P has a bit of a habit of trying to take my things home, so we have regular chats of have we put everything away and left it here for another day etc.

singingcactus
20-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Harsh?? What was harsh? No you weren't too harsh, you weren't even a little harsh.

Now if any child brought a lighter into my home, then you'd see harsh! I would be furious and I would let it show. The 'borrowing', 'acquiring', of my belongings I would get cranky over BUT a child being allowed to bring a lighter into my home I would be Harsh with a capital H as my mother would say.

And I even think it is a good thing for children to, under supervision, be able to use lighters/matches and learn how to use them safely. But being allowed to play with one like it is a toy is a huge no. Not on, not when I do not know the child has it, and the child is in my home, and the child is in contact with other peoples and my own children. NO.

hollyoaksmad
20-10-2010, 04:12 PM
thanks guys makes me feel at ease she didnt bring the bag into day and we went to ash end farm hope she didnt put a chick in her pocket x