PDA

View Full Version : Changing to overnight care help !!!

welshcake
19-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I have been minding for a month registered since Aug 2010. when ofsted came out for pre reg i didnt want to do overnight care since then my firends friend wants me to have her child about 3 times overnight until end of january 2011 when she goes away on business. i dont mind as i have a spare bed.

Firstly can ofsted just change my requirments or would ofsted need to come out again.

Secondly do they need a seperate room as i do have an option to enable that to be put into place.

thirdly is it worth it and what should i charge. ?

so for the questions but just needed to clarify what to do x

phoebe-alice
20-10-2010, 09:19 AM
For over night you must have a sperate room for the child, to be elegable to provide overnight care. Probably ofsted would want to come and have a look around at the room that you propose using, just to make sure everything is safe for little ones.
I would want to charge at least time and a half for nights ( I couldn't do it as I like my sleep too much :blush: ) it seems a worth while thing to do if you don't mind a few interuptions and woken early in the morning!
Give ofsted a ring and see how you go about it all, and let us know how you got on, hope I helped a bit!

welshcake
20-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Thks i just rang Ofsted who were brill, they emailed me the form and i have completed it and sent it back. I havnt had my graded inspection so Ofsted may need to come out and take a peek.

I dont have to provide a seperate room but i am able to if they do insist.

I cant fault Ofsted tbh they were fab with advice and details, it will take 4 weeks to approve or not.

I checked local prices and catn beleive that soime charge minimum of £50 which is picking up from school and dropping off at school next day.

I am up early with my own anyway os it makes no odds.

fingers crossed it runs smoothly x x x

rachelle
20-10-2010, 10:24 AM
i do overnight and noone came out but were interested in fire escape plans, smoke alarms and privacy and whether other over 16s would be the house over night. Ofsted were great with mine too :)