PDA

View Full Version : What is going on?!

Tatia
10-04-2008, 07:38 AM
What on earth are my mindee parents thinking this week?! Was it just last week I was crooning about how much I love this job?:rolleyes: Yesterday unannounced child shows up. Today, M and K show up in t-shirts and not even a jacket! I mean, it's shaping up to be nice but it's not that nice! Does she expect me to stay in all day because she hasn't provided proper clothing? I asked her if she had left their jackets in the car and she said they must have frorgotten them.:mad:

I think I can scrape up a big jumper from my daughter's closet to fit K but not sure about M. Maybe my son has something that will work.

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 07:40 AM
ffs it's still really cold outside, why are parents so damn lazy when dressing their kids and getting them ready. They aren't old enough to remember their coats fgs, parents make me so cross at times and i don't have to deal with any yet!! Fingers crossed you can find something to fit them

xx

miffy
10-04-2008, 07:41 AM
No coats is such a pain - i think it's because they travel everywhere by car

Couldn't mum nave nipped home and got them for you

I'd be really cross if I had to stay in because the children hadn't brought a coat

miffy xx

sarah707
10-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I can't stay in - I have school runs all through the day!

Poor you Tatia... I think that's a paragraph for your next newsletter... :D

angeldelight
10-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I hate it when that happens

During the holidays last week on one sunny day I had one child come in shorts and tshirt I could not believe it
It was soooooo cold

But the parent was wrapped up in coat - gloves and scarf

They had walked here also

Mad

Angel xx

Banana
10-04-2008, 08:30 AM
what a joke!

poor kids

xx

fionamal
10-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Dont get me started on this one!

I have a mum who sometimes brings her daughter in her jammies and forgets the clothes.:angry:

Monkey1
10-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I have a couple of parents like that!

Tatia
10-04-2008, 11:14 AM
But to blame it on the kids for forgetting is inexcuseable! Especially as both these children are special needs at that. :angry:

Ah well, I rooted through the closet and found a few bits. Not very fashionable and a bit big but at least warm and we got to get outside.

Yes Sarah, a note will most certainly be in the next newsletter! I usually stress to parent to bring somehting even if the day starts off nice cos you never know, do ya!

Noodles
10-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Its a pain aint it. One of mine came in a jumper one day no coat where mother was dressed for the arctic:angry:

charleyfarley
10-04-2008, 12:13 PM
This really bugs me:angry:

One of my mindees goes to school in the car but quite often I have to collect him at short notice. He never has a coat with him. Parent knows I always walk so now I have brought some kaguls from B&M for £2.99 in different sizes to keep with me.
At least he'll be dry when it rains

This is the same child that always has a cold, I wonder why!!!

Carol xx

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 12:16 PM
what is really annoying is the children play oustide at school playtime and the parents must know this :censored: :censored:

xx

Mollymop
10-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I know exactly what you mean Tatia.

My niece and nephew never brign there coats round mine, even in mid winter.

The amount of times I have asked the parents and it seems to go in on ear and out the other.

Last week when i had them, when ever I had to go up town I would ring the night before just to remind the parents to make sure they bring their coats

How frustrating for you today XX

Rubybubbles
10-04-2008, 12:31 PM
how unfair to the children

Love the way parents look after themselves whata joke

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I have a huge box of spare clothes that I pick up at jumble sales. I know we shouldn't have to do this but I've always got spares of everything. DH hates it and says it should be down to the parents, I agree buy I'd rather have a large box of clothes than hot/cold kids.

ruby
10-04-2008, 03:44 PM
i am the same we keep a cupboard with spare clothes in just in case.

i think because they come by car most parents forget that we don't drive and they have to walk everywhere.

cathy

Pipsqueak
10-04-2008, 03:48 PM

I have a mum who sometimes brings her daughter in her jammies and forgets the clothes.:angry:

What??? How the heck do you forget clothes???:eek:

When I was working (lol;) ) I asked for a small bag of clothes (2 changes of ) to be kept here and that worked well.
The only other thing I could suggest is hitting the charity shops and buying a couple of bits and bobs to keep at your place as an emergency measure. It gets taken of if possible before they go home!

Trouble
10-04-2008, 03:50 PM
i have a teeshirt and tank top on today but thats because im 41 ish and im sure i have hot sweats

not some little child who will be full of cold next week!!!!!!!!

littletreasures
10-04-2008, 04:21 PM
not some little child who will be full of cold next week!!!!!!!!

who the parent will still be expecting you to look after!!!

littletreasures

miffy
10-04-2008, 04:31 PM
who the parent will still be expecting you to look after!!!

littletreasures

Of course!

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Poor kids, Carolyn used to have a little one that came in pj's and Mum often forgot her clothes !!!!!! If she was dressed there was often no shoes :angry: It makes me really angry as this Mum always was well dressed, did lots of partying/ going out and always had money to buy herself boots clothes or Tattoos :angry: :angry: :angry:
Why are people like theses allowed to have kids, its just not fair:(

LittleMissSparkles
11-04-2008, 08:22 AM

OMG No !!!!! xxx