PDA

View Full Version : Garden Plan - Phase 1

donnahay0
09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow, I am so excited. We have lived in our house for nearly four years now and have almost finished doing the inside up. Our garden is just a bare patch of grass with a chain link fence either side (which I hate with a passion) and a shed in the bottom corner (full of husbands stuff).

Every year I have tried to get him to put a new fence so I can get some planting done - we have discussed loads and even priced it up twice now but he has always changed his mind at the last minute. Anyway, he only went and ordered the panels to be made up today and has gone and ordered a curved decking for me to go at the top of the garden. I was well made up - can finally get some plants put in - what a lovely surprise.

I do so love my husband (most of the time anyway ha, ha)

I am gonna have to buy a little wheelbarrow for the mindees now.

Do you think I might be pushing it if I ask for a conservatory?

emler
10-04-2008, 12:36 AM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: A conservatory might just be pushing it lol

Emler x

crazybones
10-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Sounds great. I have to confess I have been making enquiries about a conservatory behind hubbies back. :blush: I have had to put it on hold for the time being to see if he gets his new job.

miffy
10-04-2008, 06:29 AM
No harm in asking is there?

The decking sounds lovely could you post some pics when it's done

miffy xx

angeldelight
10-04-2008, 06:36 AM
it sounds lovely yes hope we get to see some pics

Angel xx

Tatia
10-04-2008, 06:39 AM
If it took you four years to get your fence, you better start asking for the conservatory now! :D

Can't wait to see before and after pic of your garden!

sarah707
10-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Sounds like your pestering has paid off! Enjoy the space!:D

Rubybubbles
10-04-2008, 07:11 AM
lucky thing!

I'm in rented housing and can't do anything

littlewonders
10-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh yes, do a before and after piccy for us to nosey at :)

You could say - once the garden's done, how nice a conservatory would look and help you appreciate new garden :D

Noodles
10-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeh drop it in the conversation now whilst he is in a spending mood :laughing: :laughing:

donnahay0
10-04-2008, 07:47 PM
OK I will do before and after pictures - might not happen overnight - remember it's taken years to get to this stage. As you will have gathered he is not into rushing anything.

Oh Rubybubbles I know how you feel - husband has just left the RAF and we were in rented quarters but moved into our own house 4 years ago. I hated being in quarters they are really awful, kitchen cupboards were horrid old wooden larder types. I remember arriving after driving all the way from Scotland and crying my heart out when I saw what they were giving us.

Anyway better go as I have to sort tea out, another late one tonight.

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 08:42 PM
You may have to pick your moment to ask for a conservatory ;)

emmadines
11-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Wow, I am so excited. We have lived in our house for nearly four years now and have almost finished doing the inside up. Our garden is just a bare patch of grass with a chain link fence either side (which I hate with a passion) and a shed in the bottom corner (full of husbands stuff).

Every year I have tried to get him to put a new fence so I can get some planting done - we have discussed loads and even priced it up twice now but he has always changed his mind at the last minute. Anyway, he only went and ordered the panels to be made up today and has gone and ordered a curved decking for me to go at the top of the garden. I was well made up - can finally get some plants put in - what a lovely surprise.

I do so love my husband (most of the time anyway ha, ha)

I am gonna have to buy a little wheelbarrow for the mindees now.

Do you think I might be pushing it if I ask for a conservatory?
make it seem to be his idea and you never know!! i did and got one too haha

Monkey1
11-04-2008, 12:35 PM
May be not a conservatory...ask for a summer house instead!:D

Hopscotch
11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I am getting my garden done too, after 4 years with arubbish garden i got some quotes and phoned the guy who will be doing it and it will be done 1st week of june i can't wait :jump for joy: :jump for joy: , then i phoned hubby and told him " by the way we are getting the garden done in june" lol not much he could say as i have been nagging him for years.
Bev X :laughing:

emmadines
11-04-2008, 03:49 PM
oooooo gotta ask how much??

how bigs your garden?

donnahay0
11-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Well firstly the garden is not huge, unfortunately. About 15ft in length and 12ft wide. The decking will cost about £450 with the fence both sides costing about £400 I think. Don't know for certain yet as we haven't had final bill. The decking arrived this afternoon - we had the base made up to save time.

Guess what we will be doing this weekend - no wrong, have to take my eldest lad to train station tomorrow and will go off to Cribbs Causeway followed by food shopping.

We can't put decking up until bottom of garden is levelled out and fence goes in - that arrives sometime next week.

Still can't believe it's happening really.

emmadines
11-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Well firstly the garden is not huge, unfortunately. About 15ft in length and 12ft wide. The decking will cost about £450 with the fence both sides costing about £400 I think. Don't know for certain yet as we haven't had final bill. The decking arrived this afternoon - we had the base made up to save time.

Guess what we will be doing this weekend - no wrong, have to take my eldest lad to train station tomorrow and will go off to Cribbs Causeway followed by food shopping.

We can't put decking up until bottom of garden is levelled out and fence goes in - that arrives sometime next week.

Still can't believe it's happening really.

:eek: wow:eek:

miffy
11-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Oooh it sounds lovely and a good price too

miffy xx