PDA

View Full Version : Nappy Changing

handeme
19-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone,

I am just getting to the point of inspection and wondered if you could answer me this question.

I dont have a downstairs area/toilet to o nappy changing in and wondered what Ofsteds requirements were for this?

I do have a changer in an upstairs room but would I be expected to take all children upstairs with me when I do a bottom change?

Also, same with toliets. If an older child needs the toliet (who can do all that buisness on their own) , do I have to go with them or could I supervise them up the stairs and then pretty much leave them too it?

Thanks

c x

ORKSIE
19-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I change bums on the floor on a changing mat, or on the sofa if me back is playing up. :)

As for older ones who can sort themselfs out, they go by themselfs, and i call up to them " You ok?....dont forget to wash your hands!" :)
This way i can keep tabs on them.

HTH

xx

sarah707
19-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I change children on a big mat on the sofa because my knees don't do the floor any more.

We then all go to wash hands in the downstairs sink - but before I had that fitted we used a bowl of soapy water, changed fresh for each child.

Hth :D