PDA

View Full Version : please please help!

charliegee
19-10-2010, 08:16 AM
hello all - sorry to rush on like this but wondering if you could help!

I've got a little girl today who arrived with a hurried drop off from parent and what looks like really sore eczema on face - and an area of circular flat flakey patch (sort of size of a 5p coin) on middle of cheek. Looks a bit like a healing cigarette burn. (I'm confident that it is not just using that as a way to describe the mark:blush: )

There is no "weeping" or anything just very red, itchy and patchy skin.

it doesn't look too angry / red but I'm worried is impetigo but there is no weeping - just red flaky skin which is a bit "spotty" looking

does anyone have any experience with Impetigo or any suggestions of what to do?

x

Mookins
19-10-2010, 08:24 AM
hello all - sorry to rush on like this but wondering if you could help!

I've got a little girl today who arrived with a hurried drop off from parent and what looks like really sore eczema on face - and an area of circular flat flakey patch (sort of size of a 5p coin) on middle of cheek. Looks a bit like a healing cigarette burn. (I'm confident that it is not just using that as a way to describe the mark:blush: )

There is no "weeping" or anything just very red, itchy and patchy skin.

it doesn't look too angry / red but I'm worried is impetigo but there is no weeping - just red flaky skin which is a bit "spotty" looking

does anyone have any experience with Impetigo or any suggestions of what to do?

x

impetigo in the early stages is usually crusty, yellow,and sometimes oozy,
im suretheres something like ringworm possibly that has the same "look" as what youve described?
xx

angeldelight
19-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Did the parent mention it to you ?

Angel xx

charliegee
19-10-2010, 08:32 AM
:blush: that is it!! it looks like a very very very small ringworm mark....no oozing though.... (just been on google images!)

I really don't want to call parents without reason but not sure if I should....

isn't hugely red..... but def not like this little ones "usual" skin

is just one mark which looks like ringworm and the rest looks like itchy patches or eczema

charliegee
19-10-2010, 08:33 AM
sorry - just seen yours angeldelight! - yes, parent v briefly mentioned it and made quite light of it - not sure what it is - keep an eye on it and then flew out of the door sort of thing! xxx

Mookins
19-10-2010, 08:36 AM
:blush: that is it!! it looks like a very very very small ringworm mark....no oozing though.... (just been on google images!)

I really don't want to call parents without reason but not sure if I should....

isn't hugely red..... but def not like this little ones "usual" skin

is just one mark which looks like ringworm and the rest looks like itchy patches or eczema

i would be ringing the parents hun,cant remmember but i think its contajious (sp) something to do with spores...everywhere thats been incontact needs anti bac cleaning

poor little mite, mindee must be quite uncomfortable too if it is that

xxx

Kes
19-10-2010, 08:57 AM
My eldest used to suffer with eczema. When he was little he got a mark on his forehead that sounds like you are describing and doc said it was where the eczema was infected and gave him some cream. If its that then its not contagious but would suggest mum takes them to the doctors to get some cream as it could get worse and can't be very nice for the child.

The Juggler
19-10-2010, 01:34 PM
impetigo is honey coloured usually and weeps a bit but sounds like ringworm or some other yeast infection then that is still contagious. I would cover with a pad and tape and ask mum to get it checked out before he comes back.

angeldelight
19-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Did you call the mom

Any update ?

Angel xx