PDA

View Full Version : Fees and Charges

SonnysMummy
09-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Ok; i'm sorting out my paperwork regarding fees and charges.
I think i've decided to charge £3 an hour.
It's all the other stuff i don't know what to do...
Basically can you let me know if there's anything else not on this list that i need to be thinking about:-

Bank hols
My hols/their hols
Sickness;mine and theirs
Charging extra for food.
(i've put down that i don't include wipes, nappies, formula or baby jars in my fee; and parents are expected to pay for admission fees/spending money on outings)
Late payment charge
Settling in; i'm going to offer 4hrs free and after that paid.
Deposits/Retainers!!!
B4 and after schoolers
I think i'm going to ask to be paid i advance either weekly or monthly by cash or standing order.
Minimum hours.
Charging while child's at pre-school or nursery
Late collection fees.
Maternity
Sibling dicounts.

Is there anything else i need to think about???

I've been searching the forum for clues on what everyone does regarding the things i've written above. I have answers for a few but i may be asking some more questions soon...

Kelly :)

Pipsqueak
09-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Ok; i'm sorting out my paperwork regarding fees and charges.
I think i've decided to charge £3 an hour.
It's all the other stuff i don't know what to do...
Basically can you let me know if there's anything else not on this list that i need to be thinking about:-

Bank hols - up to you - do you want to work them, I personally don't therefore I don't charge
My hols/their hols - 4 weeks full fee on their part - I state that the child has to be absent from the setting to count as holiday, 4 weeks mine unpaid but i will change this to two week half rate and any other unpaidSickness;mine and theirs - full rate theirs, none for mine
Charging extra for food. - £1.00 lunch, £1.25 dinner
(i've put down that i don't include wipes, nappies, formula or baby jars in my fee; and parents are expected to pay for admission fees/spending money on outings) - yep but I would charge for baby jars or homemade dinners Late payment charge - £5.00 per day
Settling in; i'm going to offer 4hrs free and after that paid.
Deposits/Retainers!!! not really had to do this others will be able to advise you betterB4 and after schoolers - normal rate and I will be stopping discount for siblingsI think i'm going to ask to be paid i advance either weekly or monthly by cash or standing order. whatever suits youMinimum hours. 10hrs per weekCharging while child's at pre-school or nursery full rate if responsible for pick up and drop ofLate collection fees. if you are settling at £3ph then I would say £4.50 per 15 mins! discourage it ...Maternity - sorry no advice
Sibling dicounts. - none any more
Is there anything else i need to think about???

I have added in 3 days compassionate absence for families at no charge per year
I have also factored in up to 4 full days of Professional Training per year at full rate
I've been searching the forum for clues on what everyone does regarding the things i've written above. I have answers for a few but i may be asking some more questions soon...

Kelly :)

Hope that helps a bit. Everyone is different - your business your rules

miffy
09-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Term time only or holiday only cover
Emergency cover
Hours outside the contracted hours
Cover for other childminders - your charges or theirs?

HTH

miffy xx

SonnysMummy
10-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm stumped with those, Miffy!!! Can you explain what you do so i can get an idea please? With term time only i think i'd charge a retainer for the hols.

Kelly:)

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I charge half rate during school hols if it's a term time only contract.

SonnysMummy
10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah. think that's what i'll do too.
What about looking after children only in the school hols? Don't understand how i'd do this??? Obviously, they may take a place of a child i may get all year and i wouldn't want to miss out on this. I presume i wouldn't charge for the whole year!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Twinkles
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I have managed to combine the hols only care with others who want term time only. I don't charge the holiday only lot a retainer for term time.

Lou
10-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah. think that's what i'll do too.
What about looking after children only in the school hols? Don't understand how i'd do this??? Obviously, they may take a place of a child i may get all year and i wouldn't want to miss out on this. I presume i wouldn't charge for the whole year!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I would imagine from experience if you had holiday only children, then they would be at least over 5 as they would be at school the rest of the yr,

Therefore i would never charge a retainer for the termtime for them as

a. noone would pay it!!!

B. you could fill the space termtime

hope that makes sense x

SonnysMummy
10-04-2008, 09:15 PM
If i charged the children who do term time only a retainer for the hols, i couldn't fill their place though, could i? I'd have to keep it open in case they needed me.

applesmum
10-04-2008, 09:25 PM
If i charged the children who do term time only a retainer for the hols, i couldn't fill their place though, could i? I'd have to keep it open in case they needed me.

That's how I understand it too - I plan on taking a deposit for the summer holidays which I will put towards their next bill when they return in September, however if they don't return I will not return the deposit. I will only do this in the summer hols not halfterm hols.

Hope that helps a little!

x x x