PDA

View Full Version : creche

Kes
18-10-2010, 07:05 PM
I have been approached by the local school to run a creche on friday for the staffs children as they are having a teachers training day. They want me to do it with another childminder for about 6 kids.
Its 9am - 3pm but they have asked me to let them know how much we would want for doing it:huh: . I have no idea what sort of rate it would usually be, any ideas? How much would you do it for?

Thanks in advance.

youarewhatyoueat
18-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I run creches for the local children centre, I have to have creche insurance so make sure everyone is happy that you won't have any. Presumably the parents are on site and will take responsibility if need be.
When I employ another childminder I pay £10 per hour.
I would see if they would except £150 for the 2 of you, presumably there are no under 1 year old children otherwise you may need an extra childminder.
You can then include a snack and a bit of art work for the children, add on if you need travel time as well.
Just to cover yourself make sure you know which room you will be in and how far away the toilet is, because only having 2 of you could be awkward doing toilet runs. I have to risk assess the room I use but you could ask for a copy of the schools. Also find out the ages before you agree so you don't turn up to 6 babies!!

Kes
18-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Thank you. I'm going in tomorrow to have a chat so will find out more details then.
I have my own kids at the school so know the lay out and things but the point about loo breaks is a good one will bring it up.
I was thinking about £10 an hour each so may go for that don't think it would be worth giving my day off up for any less.