PDA

View Full Version : oops inset days!

mushpea
18-10-2010, 05:47 PM
i have 3 children from one family 2 are at school,the children come term time only and mums at collage, i then have another 2 children who come all year ,
when i took the 3 term time childrens back on (they have been with me 2yrs but we renew contracts each year acording to collage days), I forgoat that on inset days i would not be able to have the 2 older children as i would be over my numbers,,, is it ok to say no to them and accept their younger child as they are term time only and the other 2 schoolies are all year round? do i need to give mum notice? I did mention it to her before but didnt put anything in the contract,,, she was understanding when i expalined it to her. oh and the reason i would be over my numbers is because i have 3 under 5's during the school hours but not after school.

candy cat
18-10-2010, 05:51 PM
just explain again ...or get a variation and earn some more money??:)

mushpea
18-10-2010, 05:57 PM
just explain again ...or get a variation and earn some more money??:)

wud love the variation but would mean i would have 8 under 8's and dont think ofsted would allow that!!!!! would be nice though cause would be 10hrs a day,,

candy cat
18-10-2010, 06:12 PM
wow 8 under 8......they may do as you have been minding a while? worth a try? what ages? would be hard work though! cx

mushpea
18-10-2010, 06:53 PM
as far as i know you cant have more than 6 under 8's,, you can variate within that 6 but not go over,
ages would be 8months,3yrs,3yrs,4yrs,4yrs,7rys,7rys for a monday then the rest of the week added to that would be 2yrs,2yrs, plus of course my own 2 who are 10yrs and 12 yrs, the monday would be ok its the rest of the days oh yea and cause its term time on the monday i will also have 2yrold,,,in the holidays i loose 4 children as they are term time only!

miffy
18-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Tempting! :eek: :panic: :laughing:

But you're right, you can't care for more than 6 children under 8 years old at a time.

Miffy xx

donnagwynne
18-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I have exactly the same problem as mushpea. I am fine during term times and holidays, but can not fit them all in for the inset days, which sometimes the school decides to have at only a few days notice. Not very helpful for working parents at all. x

youarewhatyoueat
18-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Is there someone who you could register as an assistant on the days you need extra, a friend possibly who doesn't work normally.

mushpea
18-10-2010, 07:57 PM
good idea but not really ,, they either work or are childminders,,my partner is reg as my assistant but he now works during the days and not nights as he used to ,,, its not really a major probelm but just annoying to me that i have to let somone down cause i am full,,, i just hate not being able to accomodate everyone

The Juggler
18-10-2010, 08:39 PM
hon, if she wants a term time contract she can't complain when you cant have them on term time days. But explain the problem to her in advance so she can plan alternative care maybe the after school club provides a service on these days??