PDA

View Full Version : Are your schoolies term time only or do you charge for hols?

buzzy bee
18-10-2010, 05:43 PM
As the question says really!!

babs
18-10-2010, 05:45 PM
i have one term time only... so dont charge hols

mushpea
18-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I have 2 that are term time only and 2 that are all year round, If i take them on knowing they are term time only then I dont charge but cant garuntee a space in the holdiays if they want it,, infact i am now full for the hols anyway,,, the ones i take on all year round then i do charge if they dont come in the hols as this would be their holiday.

karen m
18-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I have 2 schoolies 1 is term time only so don't charge but have told parents no space in holidays nan is comming to mind him,his sister is all year so will be her normal time ,do feel guilty but there choice when signing contracts,other mindee come during holidays but has some days off parent pays all year round

suzyblue
19-10-2010, 07:08 AM
All my schoolers are term time only but I am available if needed for the holidays. I dont charge as Id rather not have them and most are siblings so it would be very expensive for the parents (although I do offer a discount if they do all day)

mrs_scottydog
19-10-2010, 07:58 AM
i have one term time only... so dont charge hols

Same here Hx

Andrea08
19-10-2010, 08:06 AM
we are looking at this as some of my friends are charging a retainer which i dont agree with ... if a family want term time only i only charge for the school term... i would be breaking contract if i did not give them the following term because they didnt pay a retainer but my friend insists she is entitled to a retainer?

personaly if i take on term time only then i only charge term time only so this xmas im skint again as i only have one "full time" and hes only 3days a wk so not much comin in atm..

charlie potato
19-10-2010, 08:48 AM
i only charge during term for my term time only mindees. xx:)

angeldelight
19-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I have a mixture

I only charge for the time they are here though

So term time just pay term time
Holiday children just pay holiday time

Angel xx

Lady Haha
19-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I have a mixture

I only charge for the time they are here though

So term time just pay term time
Holiday children just pay holiday time

Angel xx

Same here!

atmkids
19-10-2010, 10:57 AM
All of my children are term time only at the moment apart from a brother and sister who I only charge if they come. I used to charge them a minimum of 3 days a week. It worked for about a year but I nearly lost them recently because of it. The parents were finding it too expensive and were thinking of using the kids club.

I ended up compromising as I didn't want to lose them, and said I'd only charge for what I do. It's worked out really well as I get to spend more time with my own kids but I'll still work if they need me.

em29
19-10-2010, 11:56 AM
I have a child who's parent is a teacher and she pays all year round because that is all i offer. I do not want to have to lose out on money when holidays are here and she understands that. She uses the odd day in holiday but usually has him. However, because she has paid I am happy to have permanently if she wants during holidays. :)

caz3007
19-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I do termtime only, but some of my mums need adhoc care in the holidays, so I just charge them for what they use. One pair of my afterschoolers will be stopping soon, but their mum still needs the adhoc holiday care, but as they are both over 8's it isnt a problem

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
19-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I have one little one 18 months old so not a schoolie but I charge half fee's in the holiday for me as I am still working and to be honest cannot afford not to.

maisiemog
19-10-2010, 05:21 PM
All my schoolies are term time only. I then say that if they need holiday care they need to let me know a month in advance and then there is no guarentee that I will have the space for them!

mandy moo
20-10-2010, 11:45 AM
All my schoolers are term time only but I am available if needed for the holidays. I dont charge as Id rather not have them and most are siblings so it would be very expensive for the parents (although I do offer a discount if they do all day)

Same here, I have 2 boysof my own the eldest one ihes 12, and is normaly out and about with his mates,
but the youngest is 9 and doesnt play out and about just yet, his choice, I might add:)
But I like to be able to do stuff / go out with just them, without all my attention going on the mindees, which of course is my job, but difficult for my two to appreciate sometimes.

childminder54
25-11-2010, 01:51 PM
HI I charge half I have teachers children and at the end of the day I cannot fill the place so they pay to hold the place when they come back this has always worked.

Lincsminder
25-11-2010, 02:27 PM
It all varies with my children

Child A (under 5) 5 days a week term pays full week all year round because mum need 2-3 days in the holiday
Child b (sibling of A) pays 5 days after school then pays for 2 days during holidays

Incidently there is only £10 difference in their joint bill from holidays to term time.

Then I have
1 child under 5 and 2 over 5's term only no fee during holidays and
2 over 5's who pay every week during term and then book what they need for holidays and pay for those days.

carol cameron
25-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Up until recently I have only ever charged for term time or holiday time.If they never come in the holidays then they don't pay.
However, I recently have started to care for a 6 weeks old baby who only needs term time as mum is studying and as he takes up my only baby space, I will charge half fee in the holidays.:)

The Juggler
26-11-2010, 09:41 AM
my t-time only don't pay for hols because after 4 years of working 5 days a week all year round with 7 every day in the hols, I was knackered:laughing: :laughing: I prefer to be less busy in the hols;)

Goatgirl
26-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi,
All my schoolies used to be offered term time only or year round and all went for term time only, but most still wanted 'some' care in the hols. I was a bit miffed about it I have to admit, esp when the hols came round and they just expected me to accomodate them for the odd days they did want but not pay for when they weren't here.

So finally I came up with a system where I ask all families 5 weeks before the beginning of the hols if they would like any care, should it be available. They all understand there are no guarantees. If they want care, they give me written dates and times. When all the info's in, I look to see which days are worth working, if any, then tell the parents which I could work (if everyone still wants what they said they wanted). I then give them a booking form showing the days I am offering, what they said they wanted and get them to sign to say they understand they are committed to paying for the time booked :thumbsup:

I now actually pefer this as I don't feel so guilty taking time off during holidays :)... I can usually get away with working 3 days a week during hols, which I find far more tiring than term time :D and this year its worked out that I have 2 whole weeks off for Xmas :clapping: Happy me, Happy parents!!

bws,
Wendy :)

ChocolateChip
27-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I have allsorts!

3 of my lo's are all year, 2 are tto and don't pay for the hols.
2 of my schoolie families are tto, another one i work around her shifts (she pays me a set amount every week to cover the ups and downs of her hours) and the fourth might need the odd day occasionally, so if I can fit her in I just charge for what she uses.
I'm lucky to be quite busy at the moment so am happy to drop a few in the hols (as I have my own 3 aswell) and let the term time money absorb some of the costs.
I did have one who wanted holiday only, they just used to pay me for the week on the first day, although she only came for two separate weeks then I never heard from them again, so although they had paid for what they had I did get caught out by keeping her space back for the next hols. So in future I am thinking of taking deposits towards the next holiday/ term.

juejue
27-11-2010, 08:46 PM
HI I charge half I have teachers children and at the end of the day I cannot fill the place so they pay to hold the place when they come back this has always worked.

This is what I do and the parents are happy with it. :clapping:

IndigoMoon
27-11-2010, 09:03 PM
I also mind for teachers and get paid half rate during the holiday to retain the child's place.

If it wasn't for this 'retainer' I would not take on under fives for term time only as I can't afford to lose 14 weeks full time pay a year.

For what its worth, the parents actually expected to pay it, I didn't even have to ask.