PDA

View Full Version : Do you do a free trial?

buzzy bee
18-10-2010, 05:35 PM
And if so how long and would you make dinner?

Someone's asked me to do a trial after school - would be til 6pm with dinner... not sure if I should charge or not?

Pipsqueak
18-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Err no, nada, nope, definately not.

I would want some type of payment especially for food.

the only time I do some 'freebies' is once the contract has been signed, deposit been paid and then I give some 'settling in sessions' and these are only 2 or 3 consisting up to 2hrs each

louised
18-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm with pip on this one, only frre sessions they get are the settling in sessions after contract is signed and deposit paid:)

mamasheshe
18-10-2010, 05:41 PM
no i wouldn't but they are more than welcome to come round to meet us maybe mum pop out for an hour if they want think this is more than adequate for an after schoolie

Ali56
18-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I normally offer up to 4 hours(or one session if after school) as settling in, but that does depend on age of child, confidence etc. If it went over a mealtime I wouldn't mind but it would have to be agreed in advance so I could plan with my LO's in mind (nothing to complicated if my attention needs to be elsewhere too!):)

As stated above-we are not a free babysitting service, settling in time comes with a contract etc!!:)

cas2805
18-10-2010, 05:46 PM
How cheeky, a trial! No way, I am with all of the above. Nothing for free (well apart from settling in sessions but then full month must be paid for before the settling in sessions)

venus89
18-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Call me a cynic but I'd worry that they were just after a night of free childcare....

tashaleee
18-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Would not consider it for a school aged child at all personally :thumbsup:

miffy
18-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Call me a cynic but I'd worry that they were just after a night of free childcare....

That's what I'm thinking too!

And asking you to provide a free dinner too! :rolleyes: That's really cheeky!

Miffy xx

mushpea
18-10-2010, 07:46 PM
no no no!!:panic:

even setling in periods i charge for,, only the days/hours that they come, but dont want them to learn they can take the mick from the start.

clio0602
18-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Nope I offer 2 free 2hr settling in sessions when contract is signed and deposit paid x

The Juggler
18-10-2010, 08:38 PM
no me either. 2 x 2 hour sessions for under 5's only and only after contracts signed.

flipping cheek!

SaijaM
19-10-2010, 11:59 AM
No. I even charge for settling in sessions and parents agree with this :)

miffy
19-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Did you do it?

Miffy xx

buzzy bee
19-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks for all your responses...

Well, I kinda said to her that I'd do a free settling in, but then (a bit stupidly) suggested we did it on one of the days he'll usually come to me - so he sees exactly how it will be (which other kids etc).

I didn't think about the fact that she'd then have to leave him here for the entire period and wouldn't be able to pick him up after an hour or two :panic:

So then she took me up on my offer, and I kinda just went along with it. I was hoping she'd offer me some dosh when she picked him up (especailly for the meal!) but she didn't so i didn't mention it either.

But annoyed with myself but I've taken all your advice on board and I'll put it down to a lesson learnt!