PDA

View Full Version : inset days

nelly
18-10-2010, 03:56 PM
hi just wondering ,because one of my mums has got me doubting myself,she works in a school and has just told me she dosnt need me for friday which is one of her contracted days because is an inset day and she thinks that she hasnt got to pay me for that day. if its on a contracted day then shes still got to pay is that right. thanks

caz3007
18-10-2010, 03:59 PM
hi just wondering ,because one of my mums has got me doubting myself,she works in a school and has just told me she dosnt need me for friday which is one of her contracted days because is an inset day and she thinks that she hasnt got to pay me for that day. if its on a contracted day then shes still got to pay is that right. thanks

Mine pay me, no quibbling. You are right, if its a contracted day, you are available, so you get paid

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
18-10-2010, 04:00 PM
mine still pay

Mouse
18-10-2010, 04:10 PM
What does it say in your contract? Is it a term time only contract or a full year round one?

If it's term time only, mum might think that the inset day forms part of the school half term as the children will be breaking up on Thur. You'd have to explain that it still counts as a working day & that the holiday doesn't start till Monday.

appleblossom
18-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Mine still pay, even if they don't come. However two of them are here on inset days as their Mum is a teacher at a different school. So they are here more hours, not less.

miffy
18-10-2010, 05:08 PM
What does it say in your contract? Is it a term time only contract or a full year round one?

If it's term time only, mum might think that the inset day forms part of the school half term as the children will be breaking up on Thur. You'd have to explain that it still counts as a working day & that the holiday doesn't start till Monday.

I agree, mum might be confused.

Even my term-time only children would have to pay for inset days if they fell on a contracted day - check what you put in your contract.

Miffy xx

Lady Haha
18-10-2010, 05:23 PM
I had the problem of the fact that I offer to work the whole day if needed on an inset day, but parents thought that if they didn't need me at all, they didn't need to pay. I've cleared it up with them by saying that I am available for the whole day at my normal daily rate, but if they choose not to use me at all, the after school session is still payable.

The Juggler
18-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Mine still pay, even if they don't come. However two of them are here on inset days as their Mum is a teacher at a different school. So they are here more hours, not less.

inset days are term time days. most school staff have to go in on inset days so odd she is off. but yes, she will owe you for that day.

appleblossom
19-10-2010, 09:00 PM
inset days are term time days. most school staff have to go in on inset days so odd she is off. but yes, she will owe you for that day.

No, I meant that Mum is a teacher at a different school to her two DDs, so she is in work when the DDs school is on their inset day. So the girls are with me for the full day, rather than just before and after school. In fact their Mum is off this week as well as next week, as she teaches at a Grammar School and they are having two weeks off instead of two. The two girls are off next week. Their inset day is on 1st November, when their Mum is back at work.

The Juggler
19-10-2010, 10:02 PM
No, I meant that Mum is a teacher at a different school to her two DDs, so she is in work when the DDs school is on their inset day. So the girls are with me for the full day, rather than just before and after school. In fact their Mum is off this week as well as next week, as she teaches at a Grammar School and they are having two weeks off instead of two. The two girls are off next week. Their inset day is on 1st November, when their Mum is back at work.

Sorry, got a bit confused there :blush: I'd still the same though hon. if you are only charging for term-time after school then if they come for a full day you charge the difference. If she doesn't need you she still pays the before/after school fee. insets are def. term time days.

Also I have a mum who works at a private school. I do her a term-time contract but it's based on state school hols (13) weeks not the private school holidays which is much more. She often has more holidays than her childrne have off school and different inset days. But at end of day they are getting 13 weeks a year for free already.