PDA

View Full Version : I've taken the plunge!

Toothfairy
18-10-2010, 03:43 PM
All my mindees are term time only except one boy(8) whom I've had since he was 31/2.
I have taken the decision to have the holidays off from next year so I have just sent mum an email saying that as of Jan 2011 I will be offeing term time only care.

I will give her my official letter of termination when he comes at half term but just wanted her know before then.

I feel sad that I won't be having mindee from next year but also very excited that I will have all the school holidays off to spend with my own children and Grandchildren.

I hope I've done the right thing :rolleyes:

miss mopple
18-10-2010, 03:44 PM
good for you :clapping:

Shirlwith3
18-10-2010, 04:10 PM
wish I had term time only

Mouse
18-10-2010, 04:12 PM
How fab!

I manage to rearrange my days so I only work 3 days a week in the hols & I love it!

Chimps Childminding
18-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Good for you!!! I don't mind quite so much now my boys are older (19 & 18) but used to dread the holidays when they were little!!!

I am working things so that hopefully next Sept when one of my lo's starts school I will get a day off every week. At the mo, I am relying on June helping me out to manage a day off as all my parents seem to want different days :rolleyes: So although I am only full on 1 day, I am working every day :( and would love a day off to use to "catch up" rather than wasting my week-end :thumbsup:

Beetlejuice
18-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Good for you - I've juggled half term so I get two days off :clapping: which is lovely. I have also organised things so that I only work 4 days a week now leaving me Fridays free - which means I can meet up with Miss Mopple and Helcatt over the half term!!!:jump for joy:

sandy64
18-10-2010, 04:40 PM
good for you bliss lol i only have 1 lo in hols 2 days a week and i love it so good to have time for my 2 dd and after 24 yrs of working 49 weeks of the yr its great only hope next time i have a vacancy its termtime only:)

miffy
18-10-2010, 05:25 PM
I would love to do that!

I'm sure you've done the right thing! :)

Miffy xx

francinejayne
18-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Ooh I'm jealous!!! Lucky you!

The Juggler
18-10-2010, 08:43 PM
good for you hon, def. the right thing if that's what you want. I try to get t-time children when I can and I've ended up working 3 days in the hols. I did all year round for 3 years and it was too much for me.

Toothfairy
19-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Thanks everyone. :thumbsup:

I feel a bit better this morning. I had an Email back from the Mum this morning saying she quite understands my reasons for wanting to take time out in the holidays and how mindee will miss being with me. She also thanked me for the extra notice, she has now got til the February half term to find alternative care.

angeldelight
19-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I wish I could do the same sometimes

Good for you glad parent is being understanding

Angel xx

Cammie Doodle
19-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Well done , sometimes you just NEED to think of yourself and your Family. Im only working max 3 days per week now, but it's taken me years to do this :rolleyes: Hopefully this will let me have long weekends to chill,catch up on paperwork visit Son in Scotland or nothing if I so want to :blush: