PDA

View Full Version : After School kids aged 5 n 6yrs respectively

Waveawand
18-10-2010, 01:50 PM
HIya all - Ive two new after schoolies starting today do I have to do learning journeys /development matters ( as these only go up to 60months) with these two kids - cant remember what Im supposed to do eyfs is only up to five years isnt it ? can someone clarify this for me ?

thanks

emmaflossie
18-10-2010, 03:16 PM
looking forward to seeing these replies as im never sure what i should be doing with them

Helcatt
18-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I just keep a book showing activities that I do with the older ones but Ofsted were not really interested as they were out of the EYFS

I tend to leave the activities out so that they can join in when we get in from school, if they want to

Ofsted just wanted to know that they were well catered for etc but that was all

Will be interesting to see what others say

HX

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
18-10-2010, 03:42 PM
i think you have to do EYFS with a child up untill the aug after their 5th bday

HTH

Pipsqueak
18-10-2010, 04:53 PM
EYFS goes up the the 31st Aug AFTER the child's 5th birthday - so if they are within this category then yes you do need to do EYFS.

Once they go past this its up to you how you do things but there is no specification of what to do. i do a setting scrapbook that the children contribute to - art work, drawings, pictures, writing etc....

birch24
18-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Hiya yes I understood it was up until the end of reception class at school.:D

Helcatt
19-10-2010, 07:38 PM
EYFS goes up the the 31st Aug AFTER the child's 5th birthday - so if they are within this category then yes you do need to do EYFS.

I understood that the main setting was where the EYFS stuff was done - so school was covering all that, and then I would not need to as they need chill out time etc after a busy day. Have I mis understood?

Hx

Debbieanne
19-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes the aug after their 5th birthday, crazy when one of my schoolies was 5 in aug, so that means i have to do developnment folder untill she is 6.

Debbieanne
19-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I understood that the main setting was where the EYFS stuff was done - so school was covering all that, and then I would not need to as they need chill out time etc after a busy day. Have I mis understood?

Hx

Does that mean if the 5th birthday is on the 8th of aug then their folder for eyfs stops a couple of weeks late on the 31st???

Debbieanne
19-10-2010, 07:59 PM

Once they go past this its up to you how you do things but there is no specification of what to do. i do a setting scrapbook that the children contribute to - art work, drawings, pictures, writing etc....

sorry wrong quote before!

nokidshere
19-10-2010, 08:09 PM
You are not their main carer so the EYFS stuff you would need to do is very minimal.

I have 17 children on my books and Mrs O was only interested in the one I had under 5!!!

JCrakers
20-10-2010, 09:19 AM
As soon as they go to school I dont do any eyfs as school is the main source.
As well as not having time to do it as they only come 8-8.30am and 4-530. I have to get tea into them so no time for any activities or watching play etc.

Becky xx

Pipsqueak
20-10-2010, 01:57 PM
As soon as they go to school I dont do any eyfs as school is the main source.
As well as not having time to do it as they only come 8-8.30am and 4-530. I have to get tea into them so no time for any activities or watching play etc.

Becky xx

It is illegal for you not to be doing EYFS hun
Legislation says you HAVE to be doing it - if not you are breaking the law.
School may be the main source but you still have to support and do. you do it in relation to how long you have the child in your care but you have to show something.

JCrakers
20-10-2010, 04:58 PM
It is illegal for you not to be doing EYFS hun
Legislation says you HAVE to be doing it - if not you are breaking the law.
School may be the main source but you still have to support and do. you do it in relation to how long you have the child in your care but you have to show something.

Well, its done now, he started school over a yr ago. I dont know how they expect us to do so much :blush:
I have 30mins in a morning when we are all rushing about getting ready for sch and 1.5hrs aftersch when they've had a busy day and just wants to relax. Ive got to cook tea for all in that time also. Parents just want him to relax and have quiet time after sch.

This is probably why I wont be doing this for a lot longer....far too much paperwork..takes the fun out of it.
I'll probably go back into nannying with no paperwork at all.