PDA

View Full Version : shift workers

devoncm
18-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Ive got a new mindee, had her 2 weeks now, her mum works shifts and are different each week, ive got her pattern up to xmas so thats ok but because last week was 2 days this week will be 3 and next week will be over night 7pm til 1pm, im only charging £10 each day for the days she isnt here, dont really know what i want to know but wondered if it was possible to fill the other spaces, maybe with another shift worker i suppose?

BlondeMoment
18-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Gosh thats a hard one. I have a little lad who's Mum does shifts as well but luckily he's over 8 so I can still fill all my spaces and he just fits in. Remember you'll only have to leave a gap for just those kids and you can fill the rest.
You will probably have to fit in other shift workers. Some parents work flexible hours so could work around you? Or some parents (like one I have who's a single mum) just want a break so don't mind which day a week you can take them even if it changes.

Good luck

angiemog
18-10-2010, 12:08 PM
I have 2 shift workers and they both pay me for the full week. One family may only use 2 days sometimes they use all 5 but not very often. The other family pretty much use all their hours but may pick up early or drop off late on a couple of days. They were on holiday last week and still brought her every day!!! One for sure gets most of their child care paid so it doesn't matter too much to them financially. If the days change each week then you will find it hard to fill them, if they get help with childcare then I would look at getting them to pay a set amount each week. x

miffy
18-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I think it would be a nightmare trying to fill the other spaces especially if the days change each week.

Not sure how you could make it more worth your while other than charging more for the unused days.

Miffy xx