PDA

View Full Version : paperwork

mrs coops
17-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Hi
I don't know if i have put this in the right section or not but could do with some help.
I'm paniking that i could soon have my inspection and am getting stressed that i don't have the paperwork side of things.
I have done my risk assesments for my home,walk to school,playground etc
I only have one lo at the min and i have a lj for her ,Ihave started to do weekly planning but is this enough? should i be doing a theme?monthly planning etc?
Sorry if this seems a bit of a rant:blush: but i am getting really scared that i haven't done everything i should have so if you could pleaseeeeee help i would really appreciate it !:blush:

sarah707
17-10-2010, 08:49 AM
It depends on... how much you want to do and the age of the lo.

If the lo is under 3 then you are doing absolutely the right thing by individual planning to follow her interests.

If the lo is over 3 you MIGHT find it useful to have planned ideas up your sleeve to keep her interested and to challenge her knowledge and understanding of the world.

Hth :D

Pipsqueak
17-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Sounds like you are doing great.

You have your RA's - you need one for your school runs, parks/children centre/soft play/library/shops/ outings - CHECK

Learning journal - within mine (and bear in mind this is just how I collate mine) - in the back section is all the childs personal records - contract, all about me, etc

Then the obs, evidence and individual planning go in date order.

I have a separate planning folder (but I have more kids on role than you! lol) for group planning etc.
Within this folder I put my evaluations of how activities have gone etc.

Have you done your SEF or some form of self evaluation? NCMA have a self reflection tool if you can't face the SEF.

mrs coops
17-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I thought that the learning journal and the obs were to go together in the same book have i got this wrong?:blush: If it isn't what do i have to put in the learning journal as i have been putting obs in :panic: :panic: :panic:

sarah707
17-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I thought that the learning journal and the obs were to go together in the same book have i got this wrong?:blush: If it isn't what do i have to put in the learning journal as i have been putting obs in :panic: :panic: :panic:

Yes that's right!

A learning journal is for observations, assessments and planning ... plus notes from parents, comments from other settings, copies of the child's work, photos etc.

It all builds into a lovely keepsake for the child and the child's family to take away :D