PDA

View Full Version : had a enquiry today

gailee
09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
i had a parent ask me at school if i could look after her 3 kids during school holidays only the eldest is 11 and the other is 8 years and the youngest is 3 or 4 years old (he is adhd )he's in nursery so he's a rising 5 ?? the older ones don't count so thats just one of my numbers thats right? i think she said 3 days she didn't mention hours ? what would you charge? just my normal rates or more ? i wouldn't need to charge her anything for the school term ???

thanks gail

Twinkles
09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
The eight year old would count in your 5 - 8 group.

I would charge normal rate but negotiate extras for outings ( you'll want to keep the older ones busy )

I wouldn't charge anything for term time.

The 4 yr old would only be a rising five if he was in 10 sessions of school a week not nursery.

Hope this helps.

angeldelight
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Good luck with this

I would ask for a month deposit - get her to sign so she understands it is not refundable if she changes her mind but it will come off her first months childcare

I would charge normal rates per child - maybe lunch thrown in for free as a good will gesture because she has the 3 of them ?

I would make it clear that trips are extra and must be paid for by the parent

I would have a school holiday contract and not charge for term time
I would explain that this means every school holiday and that she must pay in advance on the day they arrive every week

Hope you get the job

Angel xx

gailee
28-04-2008, 07:04 AM
well this parent as got back to me and i'm having her 3 children just in the school holidays about 14 hours a week but she mentioned that it could be various days over 3 or 4 days (could be 3 days one week and 4 days the next) so would i need to charge her for the day that she doesn't use to keep it for her(is that right?) also another question i don't need to ask for a retainer during school times ?? as the youngest is taking up 1 of my under 5 years place?? i'll have to be careful what other children i take on now ?
i have 2 under 5 (1 is under 1 years and he's term time only and hopefully he's going full time in september his mum is doing her NVQ2)
and i have 3 over 5 years (1 is leaving in end of June my decision to do this) and i have 2 returning in September a baby of under 5 months (not born yet due last week) and brother after school! Well thats me busy in September lol well i hope you understand my babble

thanks gail

susi513
30-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I would be very careful before committing to a holidays only place. I offer term-time only places with full fees for the 39 weeks of term and 1/2 fees due in the holidays for 13 weeks. But I wouldn't commit an under eights place to someone who only needs the holidays, they won't want to pay 39 weeks full fees and I can't afford to have 1/2 fees for 39 weeks a year.

So what I would offer is ad-hoc/occasional care where the families register their children and then make a booking request for the days/hours they want each holiday/as and when they need care. They benefit by only paying for the days they need, even if its odd days each week, but don't have any guarantee of my availability - I may decline some of the days if I already have other commitments or are on holiday myself. I benefit by not being tied to the family - if a long term prospect comes up I can take it on.