PDA

View Full Version : Car seat question!

buzzy bee
16-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I have a 3 year old (will be 4 end of Feb) mindee... she's over 15kg. Have seen this carseat in Asda and just wondering if I'd be able to use it for her... it says min age 4 and min weight 15kg...

http://direct.asda.com/Graco-Junior-Maxi-Car-Seat/002658924,default,pd.html

Also, can you put these seats in the passenger seat? (I have 2 baby ones in the back!!)

birch24
16-10-2010, 06:54 PM
If you go to ebay and tap in nania car seats you find some quite cheap ones with integral seat the link is below. I have 4 they are brilliant:D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nania-Beline-SP-Plus-3-Stage-Car-Seat-9m-11yrs-Rol-Pink-/200522574501?pt=UK_Baby_CarSeats_EH&hash=item2eb013aaa5

buzzy bee
16-10-2010, 07:10 PM
If you go to ebay and tap in nania car seats you find some quite cheap ones with integral seat the link is below. I have 4 they are brilliant:D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nania-Beline-SP-Plus-3-Stage-Car-Seat-9m-11yrs-Rol-Pink-/200522574501?pt=UK_Baby_CarSeats_EH&hash=item2eb013aaa5

Thanks! Can you put these ones in the passenger seat?

birch24
16-10-2010, 07:43 PM
You can use it on any of the seats with a seat belt.
But I always get the parents permission before putting a child in the front.
They are very light and easy to move around.

:D

mushpea
17-10-2010, 07:08 AM
cant access the link for some reason but the 3 nearly 4yrold that i have sits on just a booster cushion because he is both tall and heavy ,,, I used to use the back on the seat but he would delibratly wiggle around so that the back of the booster would lean over so i just took it off,,he is tall enoug and it says to use just the cushion from 15kg,, hes 4 in jan

birch24
17-10-2010, 07:54 AM
These seats all fit together so they wouldn't move around in use. They all come apart too so you can take of the integral strap for the next stage, then the back for the next stage just leaving the booster.
If you can't access the link just type in Nania in ebay its on the babzee shop. £36.95
:D

nikim
17-10-2010, 08:39 AM
cant access the link for some reason but the 3 nearly 4yrold that i have sits on just a booster cushion because he is both tall and heavy ,,, I used to use the back on the seat but he would delibratly wiggle around so that the back of the booster would lean over so i just took it off,,he is tall enoug and it says to use just the cushion from 15kg,, hes 4 in jan

just wanted to say that this is now considered extremly dangerous ,sorry , britax no longer make booster seats without backs for this reason ,
http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/highback-booster-campaign
sorry just thought i should point this out x

sweets
17-10-2010, 08:45 AM
i have 2 of the nania seats from ebay, the first i bought about 6 months ago and the second just recently. The first ones back is removable but the second ones isn't, even tho they are exactly the same seat. they have changed them so the back doesn't come off.

they are excellent seats, takes a bit of practice getting them in tight but once in they stay very solid and dont move at all. they are easy to transfer from car to car as they are very light. the second one i have is best as when you do move it the back doesn't fall off.

birch24
17-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Same my backs are fixed but still removable so that you can use them as just a booster seat. I bought mine in the summer. :D

mushpea
17-10-2010, 01:47 PM
just wanted to say that this is now considered extremly dangerous ,sorry , britax no longer make booster seats without backs for this reason ,
http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/highback-booster-campaign
sorry just thought i should point this out x

but surely its more dangerous when th child deliberatly messes around , wriggling, so that the back leans over and they are therefore not seated corretly? this is the reason he only uses the cushion and if they are that dagerous why are companies still selling them
and as far as i can see this is a scare tatic to get people to buy their product.

nikim
17-10-2010, 06:35 PM
the video in the link shows exactly why its considered dangerous ,i do still use booster cushions for older children ,and i still use 5 point harness seats for the 3 year old's i look after except 1 who is over the maximum weight for a 5 point harness (18kg) so he is now in a boosterseat with a back , having seen first hand the devestating results of a child who was not restrained in the correct seat for her age/weight , i personally would never take the risk ,i would also be looking at ways to encourage him to sit properly whilst traveling in the car , i remember my own son being a little so and so with regards to sitting correctly and i put him back in a seat with a 5 point harness till he learnt not to mess about :)

mushpea
17-10-2010, 07:11 PM
using a 5 point harness on him is a no cause he's far to heavy,, his actutaly more the size of a 5yrold , as for the video,, what happens then when they are too big for the boost, will you still try and put them in the wrong car seat
,, theres no side impact support when the reach 135cm which both my own kids did at 7yrs and now sit on the normal car seat.
I am not going to buy another car seat for him,, he is big enough for the seat he's on and up till today it has been safe for him,, its legal, he's safe, fail to see the problem

mushpea
17-10-2010, 07:18 PM
forgot to say that i under stand what you say about trying tactics to keep him in the seat but have tried and he still delibritly leans over so the seat back moves and trying to apply these tactics whilst driving was proving dangerous cause i spent more time checking the rear view mirror to see what he was doing and how he was managing to make it topple than i did look where i was going,, he now sits up nicley cause he has nothing to muck about with,, sorry if my last post sounded snotty,, it wasnt aimed at you but more at the makers of the seats as they let us buy one seat then a few months later that seats no good and low and behold we are encouraged to buy another one thats much better.!
of course his saftey is of up most importance but i will not be scared in to buying yet another car seat.