PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Not my most professional moment ever today

miss mopple
15-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Went to bed late last night as was talking to a friend in need of advice on the phone. Set my alarm and conked out (until 3am when DD1 woke me wittering about strangers in the bathroom in her dream :laughing: ). Every so often my phone beeps in the night when emails etc come through but I just ignore them. Anyway, the text message alert beeped at dark o clock, and I stirred and checked my phone, thinking that maybe a mindee was ill and I was being cancelled so would get a lie in.

No, the text was from mindees mum, asking of I was ok as I wasn't answering the door :panic:

Needless to say the alarm hadnt gone off so I ended up legging it downstairs, bleary eyed in my pj's :blush:

Luckily she thought it was hilarious and was chuffed that after 3yrs with me she had finally seen evidence of me not being organised :laughing: Bless her though as she did offer to take mindee away again while I got ready (I refused of course and made use of cbeebies while I ran around getting sorted :laughing: )

Anyone else done this? embarrassing or what! Think a more reliable alarm may be needed from now on!

miffy
15-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Not yet, but I've had a few close calls!

It's only a matter of time I'm sure! :laughing:

Hope you've had a good day - I hate it when I start the day in a rush, you never seem to catch up with yourself!

Miffy xx

Happy Bunny
15-10-2010, 09:28 PM
LOL LOL

That happened to me yesterday, first time in 4 years that i have ever overslept, i was so embarrassed, thank god i had winter pj's on.

Helcatt
15-10-2010, 09:28 PM
As I said on facebook - only the time that mum forgot to warn me that she was on an early shift and so was child was starting at 7 instead of 9

I left my phone at playgroup so when she sent a text in the evening, I couldn't respond and she didn't think to call the house number

Luckily I was awake when the doorbell went, even if I Was still in my pjs

HX

Noomie
15-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Ahhh, these things happen. I have had an alarm not go off before but not for minding as have just started out. At least with minding you can quickly get dressed and get on with it - harder when you have to actually 'be' somewhere!

aly
16-10-2010, 10:12 AM
this happend on tuesday!!

You know when you suddenly wake thinking what is the time?...well I looked and it was 7.35...mindee arrives 7.30...and i shook si awake the doorbell went so had to answer in my pj's lol.

She also found it funny lol.

it does happen and we can all laugh at ourselves lol....I mean we cant always be perfect ;)

Winnie
16-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Its happened to me once :o but thats not bad in almost 20 years :)

(a few close ones but parents never knew :laughing: )

haribo
16-10-2010, 11:54 AM
lol i overslept once but managed to open door and ignore shocked looks as they took in my hair and my make up free face :eek: :laughing: :laughing: its not happened since dont know how though..

The Juggler
16-10-2010, 12:04 PM
oops. i overslept the other week but fortunately it was a morning where I pick up mindees after school run. happens to all of us. I feel your pain:p

katieanna
17-10-2010, 09:36 PM
I woke up 5 mins before mindee arrived at 7.30am..first time it has happened. I didn't know what to do first and really felt like I had been thrown into the day and never felt I caught up with myself!!

Louise B
18-10-2010, 12:19 AM
I did something similar when one of mine was coming for a couple of hours for the first time without his mum!! I'd completely forgotten, hadn't checked my diary and didn't realise until my daughter shouted "it's O's mum at the door". I stood for a split second thinking "O?? O's mum? What's she doing here... OMG!" Had to answer the door in my pyjamas and say, "oh we're having a relaxing day today, haven't even got dressed yet, come in...." :blush: Thankfully didn't put her off and he's settled with us now, lol.

xx

Chimps Childminding
18-10-2010, 07:39 AM
I didn't oversleep, but last Tuesday one of my mindees was going to June's instead as I needed the day off!!! Dad forgot and was knocking on my door at 7.45 - bless him I must have scared him to death when I appeared at the door with bed hair and my pj's on - he must wonder what he leaves his daughter with :laughing:

kindredspirits
18-10-2010, 07:59 AM
I did this about a month ago - I think I actually turned my alarm off in my sleep and then kept turning off my phone calls - thinking it was my alarm - when both mum and dad were trying to call me to find out why i wasn't answering the door!!!! :blush: I will never live it down but thankfully it hasn't happened since.

BlondeMoment
18-10-2010, 09:26 AM
I've done it!!!!!!! Forgot to set my alarm the night before and was awoken to the sound of my LO's calling through the letter box. Luckily their Mum thought it was quite funny too. I was mortified! No make up, hair all over the place! Agh!

huggableshelly
18-10-2010, 03:43 PM
been there too, only mindee was 30 mins early so not really my fault.

I bet you never do it again hee hee

Monkey26
18-10-2010, 04:47 PM
I've done it a couple of times! Don't worry, we are all human and i think parents understand this :)

My most annoying one was i had just got out the shower and heard the door go, my partner answered it as we were expecting a few parcels that week to find a set of parents on the doorstep with two kids... 25minutes early! I popped my head out the bedroom door and said "oh your early, give me five minutes" they were very apologetic at the time... then collected 35minutes late that night!!!! Grrrr that really peeved me off, funnily enough they got late fees and haven't done it since!

xx