PDA

View Full Version : partnership with other providers etc?

keeks
15-10-2010, 09:09 PM
How do you all work in partnership with nurseries, preschools, other CMs, outside agancies etc? I am thinking of some sort of diary to go between settings, even though I know it will be difficult to get other settings to write in it. I would not want to use a daily diary or learning journey for this as I think they would be lost.

How do you do it?

xx

Joda
15-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I use a small notebook - it is kept in the child's bookbag. The keyworker at nursery and I both write in it once a week (and the parents can see it and write in it too). Works fine as long as we all remember to put the notebook back in the bag (it is the parents who tend to forget!)

curlycathy
15-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I've just found myself in this position. Mindee A comes to me, local pre-school (where my dd goes) and a nursery - 3 settings! His sister B comes to me and the nursery.

Obviously as my dd attends the local pre-school its a bit easier - I'm in there every day. They fill in a diary sheet which comes home so I see A's sheet and any newsletters anyway. We've agreed that I will leave the daily diary there on a Monday when I drop my dd off and collect it at lunchtime, same again on a Friday when I drop A off. We're also going to meet once a term when they do their parents evening (well its in the day but you know) and we'll go through the Learning Journals then.

Mum brings B's diary from the nursery for me (although tbh not much in it - just sleeps, nappy changes and what she's eaten!) and A's keyworker is arranging for his information to come to me, then I'll take it to pre-school.

Its all really complicated!!! Strikes me it would be much easier all round if we had one book which went with the child to be filled in!

I do intend to put in writing what we are doing and sending to each setting so I've got a copy on file and can show Ofsted I am trying to work in partnership.

Hth x

Happy Gardener
15-10-2010, 09:58 PM
With parental permission I email my learning journey info over to the pre school that my children attend. They all go to the same pre school & I used to work there so it is quite simple. The new manager has now asked me to pop in so that she can share info with me, so hopefully I will get good info back.

Millenium
16-10-2010, 09:09 AM
With one exception, I have never minded a child that has also attended another setting. The one exception did not directly involve me as the child went for the two days a week that I did not care for her, to a private nursery, too far for me to take her. So I never met the nursery staff but did communicate with them via the child's daily diary.

For those transitioning into full time school, I usually contact the school in the term before the child starts to discuss handing over the Learning Journal.

keeks
16-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Thank you all for good advice! I think I will probably have to do what you do and adapt the communication to the situation.

Enjoy the rest of Saturday!
xxx

jumpinjen
16-10-2010, 03:49 PM
I tried to get a diary system going between me and the nurseries but it didn't work. So now I do a monthly round-up starting with what the child has enjoyed doing/recent projects, then a brief note about their progress in each of the areas of the l and d areas, then round up with what we may look at over the next month. I sign and date it and give to mum to give to nursery (or give to keyworker myself if I pick up) I keep a copy on file as evidence that I am working with them, even though I rarely get anything back again. For the school pick ups i have a read of the weekly 'target' sheet that the teacher tucks in the child's bage ach week which gives an idea of what they will be covering.... I note it on my planning sheet, but I don't actually see the class teacher to pass anything back to!

jenni x