PDA

View Full Version : Wooohoooooooo :o)

Fraggle1
15-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Evening all! hope everyone has had a good day!

Well, I had my pre-reg. visit and passed without actions! So so thrilled!! Was quite upset I didn't even have 24 hours notice as would of liked to of done more prep. but it was fine, she was with me for 2 hours. I waffled on on somethings and she 'brought me back into the room' ha ha ha...nah, wasn't that bad, she knew I was nervous though. She liked the fact I'd got lots of policies already ready, also she like my risk assessments (concentrated on getting lots of these done) and also prompted me with the EYFS if I forgot things, she also said it is fine to use your information - it is not a test and they are not trying to catch us out, so get your policies out and read from them if you have to....get your stat. and non stat. books out, they just need to get a feel that you know what you are talking about etc... really wish I'd not panicked so much as there really is no need. Good luck to everyone who is nearing their pre-reg. oooooooooo I'm so happy!!!! :) xxx

keeks
15-10-2010, 08:58 PM
That's brilliant!!!

Well done!

xx

Rain or Shine
15-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Thats great, huge congratulations. No i dea when mine is or will be but i hope it goes as well as yours xxx

Newbie1!
16-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Thats great news chick well done! Any pointers would be very much appreciated - Ive been wondering what sort of things they do/say while they are there so any uptodate info would be good. Im hoping they have rescheduled me for this Friday - if not there will be murder!!! As you have no actions is that it now then? Do you just wait for reg or do you have to have another visit? xxx

Fraggle1
16-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks Newbie1. If I can be any help I will :) fingers crossed that yours will go ahead for friday - keep my fingers crossed for you!
Thats it now for me, just need to wait for my reg. certificate and then it's all systems go!! woohooooo :) xx

Newbie1!
17-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks Newbie1. If I can be any help I will :) fingers crossed that yours will go ahead for friday - keep my fingers crossed for you!
Thats it now for me, just need to wait for my reg. certificate and then it's all systems go!! woohooooo :) xx

Hope there is something you can help with - and I know that as I say this Im going to sound sooo stupid but hey - if you dont ask!! What I want to know is what actually happens when Mrs P comes? Does she sit on the sofa for an hour and have a chat then a nose round, or are you walking round the house all the time, is it formal/informal or like an interview - I think its the unknown thats frightening me, not my ability to do it or not - so if you can help with this then it would be v much appreciated!! Did Mrs P tell you how long it will be til your cert comes?xx

RainbowBright
17-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi and congrats. I am waiting for my visit too-how come yours was such short notice? Did you have a choice of days for your pre reg visit? Do they expect to see planning etc at this visit?

Thanks

samb
17-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Well done. Sounds like you had done plenty of planning already with your risk assessments and policies.

My tips... My Mrs O came for 3 hours!!! She started asking me questions before she even sat down or had taken off her shoes! I was not quite prepared for that, so I said "How about I make us a cup of tea and then we'll chat about it?!" Seemed to work for me as it have me a tiny bit of feeling like I was in control! I had got my folders out where I had done some policies and also had out my certificates. I had put some toys out for my son that would show a mix of what sort of toys I would offer other children and also ones I knew would keep him more occupied! I had filled in in detail the booklet about are you ready and it really helped to have it in front of me and made me feel prepared. She wanted to go through the EYFS guidance in detail asking me for different types of activities I would cover for different ages in each area of learning. It took us ages and she styped it all out too! The bit where we walked around was quite quick and not as thorough as I expected. I asked if she could go in my children's room first as my son was due a nap. She was also there while he ate lunch so just said "I can see you have a good understanding of healthy foods, can you give me examples of what you might offer for dinner?"

It was really very detailed but if you have one through that booklet and have had a read through the EYFS you should be fine. Just make sure you have planned what you will do with any children you will have at home, make life easier for yourself by having things out. I think I was abit waffley but she just "brought me back in the room" (I liked that phrase!)

miffy
17-10-2010, 01:03 PM
That's great news - pleased it went well for you

Miffy xx

Fraggle1
17-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I know what you mean by the fear of the unknown! lol

Well, she arrived and asked if she could sit somewhere with a table so we went to sit in the dining room. She started by saying we would look around the garden/house first....again, I was expecting to have to go through all my risk assessments around the house but because I had done most of them and they were written down she just looked round quite quickly...not as bad as I thought.
She then went through the welfare requirements so started looking at I.D and my certificates/CRB etc... She then looked through the policies I'd done and then finished by going through EYFS and all the 6 areas....what they mean to me and what activities etc... I would offer for very young and say 3 or 4. She said that she wasn't trying to trick me and I could look at my things to jog memory etc... She liked the fact I had things on my wall and also toys at child height. She suggested I build on 'Inclusion' so just get more things that the children could play with for this etc.... resources....

She said my certificate shouldn't take too long but they just needed to get social checks and health dec. back etc....

Well, the reason I got such a short notice visit was because I'd rang a couple of times asking when they thought it may be....anyway Mrs O's job got cancelled on the friday and so they rang me to see if I was available....so glad I didn't panic and say NO so I had enough time to read more etc... cause I just bit the bullet and went for it! She even said 'well done' I was so chuffed :o) :o) Hope that helps abit....it was very relaxed, she kept saying I shld relax....was a nice chat really with just a few formal bits :) xx

RainbowBright
17-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated :)

Think I will get all tongue tied when it comes to the EYFS but I know it's all up there somewhere lol

Fraggle1
17-10-2010, 09:47 PM
:) I got tongue-tied and waffled abit with the EYFS stuff but she prompted me, also just make a note beforehand of what each area means to you and different activities, you can read from your notes. I learn better when putting things into practice and I think most do, they prob. understand that xx