PDA

View Full Version : 17 years experience and I still hate the waiting!

Playmate
15-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Blue Boy and I are sitting here waiting for a couple to visit with their 6mth old twin girls, wanting January start. The house is clean, Info booklet at the ready etc. etc. I have lost count how many times we have done this in the past, but I still feel nervous until they arrive :panic: They are due at 8, so just another 15mins to go :clapping:

PixiePetal
15-10-2010, 06:49 PM
I have been minding 16 years and still get nervous. I even forgot one parent and child were coming once - no chance for the nerves to set in that time! All went ok and I got the child :thumbsup:

Playmate
15-10-2010, 06:54 PM
I have been minding 16 years and still get nervous. I even forgot one parent and child were coming once - no chance for the nerves to set in that time! All went ok and I got the child :thumbsup:

Yes, I forgot one not long ago, I had asked them to come during the day and then got engrossed in an activity and completely forgot :panic: These ones I think will have loads of questions, so thought it maybe easier without children here and then they can re-visit during the day if they like what they hear tonight :D

Playmate
15-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Ok, its now 8.20 and they still haven't turned up :angry: This better not be a no show :angry: :angry:

~Chelle~
15-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Hope they show up, good luck :thumbsup:

miffy
15-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh no! Hope they have a good reason!

I find it's worse if I want the work - if I'm not bothered one way or the other then they usually want me :o

Good luck if they come (and good luck to them when you catch up with them if they don't! :laughing: )

Miffy xx

Winnie
15-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Oh no! i hate that when it happens :( some people are just bad time keepers so hopefully they've turned up now?

shelly2012
15-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I agree the first initial visit is not my fav. My other pet hate is time wasters. Hope they show

Playmate
15-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Well finally they arrived at 8.25 and they have only just gone.
The twins were adorable! They seemed keen, but who knows :rolleyes: I suppose we start the next waiting game again now :D

angeldelight
15-10-2010, 09:18 PM
The twins were adorable! They seemed keen, but who knows :rolleyes: I suppose we start the next waiting game again now :D

Glad they turned up

Did they say they would let you know ? Are they seeing anyone else ?

Good luck hope they get back to you

Angel xx

miffy
15-10-2010, 09:20 PM

I'm glad they showed up.

Hope they don't keep you waiting too long before they decide.

Miffy xx