PDA

View Full Version : How they do it in Sweden

Pipsqueak
15-10-2010, 03:52 PM
No this shouldn't be in the jokes bit!!! lol

very interesting video (I know its been posted before)

http://www.teachers.tv/search?q=how+they+do+it+in+sweden

Blaze
15-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks was looking for that for my TMA (I have it sky plus'd - but can't quote that as a reference) LOL:laughing: :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
15-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I come in handy for something !!!!!! lol:laughing:

Blaze
15-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I can't type the thought that conjured into my head at your post - Pauline would ban me for being rude!;) :blush: :D :laughing: :cool:

manjay
15-10-2010, 04:39 PM
It's a fab one that isn't it? Just love teachers tv:rolleyes:

keeks
15-10-2010, 06:12 PM
This is what childcare is all about to me. This is how I grew up, and how I am used to working. Imagine my surprise when I started at an English nursery three years ago! They all thought I was a complete nutter for having these ideas and thinking this is normal.

Oh I miss home! :D

xxx

Pipsqueak
15-10-2010, 06:37 PM
This is what childcare is all about to me. This is how I grew up, and how I am used to working. Imagine my surprise when I started at an English nursery three years ago! They all thought I was a complete nutter for having these ideas and thinking this is normal.

Oh I miss home! :D

xxx

Hey shall we all set up a Scandinavian type childcare????? i think its a wonderful model.

sigh........

quite like the mince wrapped in cabbage leaves

and I LOVE the word krodil - such a lovely sounding word:D

nannymcflea
16-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks Pip, will come in very handy next year. Have already picked my next essay. Comparisons between Uk education and Sweden.:thumbsup:

Ripeberry
16-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Their system is just so....natural and homely. It's more like a great big house than a nursery. I think the UK system is too based on 'school' layout, it should look like a childminder's house. :D

Whilst watching it I felt like I wanted to be a child there :)

Heaven Scent
16-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Thank you so so very much for that you have saved me posting to ask anyone if they remembered it - I was thinking about it yestereday so we must be on somesort of psychic link!!! or should I say psychotic link - I really thing its so bad that we spend our time when whe are caring for our own families constantly thinking about work!!!

Kimmy050983
16-10-2010, 07:13 PM
That is the way I grew up - not in Sweden, but in Germany.
I sometimes do think it is very OTT over here when it comes to learning/ pushing learning... most learning comes naturally and 18 months old babys (!!) do not need to learn colours/numbers yet..
just my opinion..

keeks
16-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Nannymcflea, if you need any help or contacts at all please let me know. I grew up in Sweden and have been working there as a nursery and primary teacher too. Since this thread started I have been really homesick, thinking about what a nutter I am working here when I could be there! :laughing:

Going home for Christmas though, yippeeee!!! :clapping:

And yes, Pip, deffo up for that!!! :thumbsup:

xxx

Pipsqueak
16-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Nannymcflea, if you need any help or contacts at all please let me know. I grew up in Sweden and have been working there as a nursery and primary teacher too. Since this thread started I have been really homesick, thinking about what a nutter I am working here when I could be there! :laughing:

xxx

Might be tapping you and Kimmy for some model comparisons for my work too:D

nannymcflea
16-10-2010, 08:17 PM

xxx

Thank you for that offer, much appreciated.:thumbsup: I wanted to do it this time but was told to wait as it's an actual option for next term.:clapping:

xxx

Heaven Scent
18-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Here Here to that!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the way I grew up - not in Sweden, but in Germany.
I sometimes do think it is very OTT over here when it comes to learning/ pushing learning... most learning comes naturally and 18 months old babys (!!) do not need to learn colours/numbers yet..
just my opinion..