PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Parent Feedback Forms please

button68
09-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I am thinking of doing these to give out but worry that by doing so I will be 'laying myself bare' :eek: (not for the first time I hear you cry ;) ) However, my sensible head says if parents use this to pull you up on something then that is better than it escalating (sp?)

Now what Kind of questions to I put in there? Other than: How am I doing? What would you change? but I think I need to be more specific with my questions.

Oh, and how often do you give them out? My 'oldest' parents have been with me 3 months now. Is 3 monthly too often? Is 6 monthly better?

Any help would be greatly (as always) appreciated :thumbsup:

crazybones
09-04-2008, 05:57 PM
I used the parental questionaire from Bromley for mine. You could tweak it if you thought of anything else.

button68
09-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I used the parental questionaire from Bromley for mine. You could tweak it if you thought of anything else.

Gosh that site has everything doesn't it!!!

I'll go and take a peek :thumbsup:

crazybones
09-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Its on the other downloads bit.:thumbsup:

Twinkles
09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
This is something I'm considering too. I'll have a look at Bromleys.

sarah707
09-04-2008, 06:23 PM
I use a really basic one - it just asks if they are happy with what I do related to the every child matters agenda :D

Monkey1
09-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Mines a pretty basic one really too. I do ask if there is anything i have done that they particularly like / dislike, projects etc, if the children show there enjoyment by reciting things that we have done together etc iyswim

angeldelight
09-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I use a basic one also

I give them out every now and again and dont stick to any routine with them

Angel xx

katickles
09-04-2008, 07:50 PM

Annie - I can't find this area, help:p

crazybones
09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Annie - I can't find this area, help:p

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/downloads.html

Here you go - scroll down to parental questionaire:thumbsup:

katickles
09-04-2008, 08:00 PM
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/downloads.html

Here you go - scroll down to parental questionaire:thumbsup:

Wow Annie that was quick. I think i'm going to be a busy bee tomorrow, luckily thats me finished for this week!

Thanks for that Annie :)

crazybones
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
You are very welcome. I learnt from the best. :thumbsup: They know who they are. :D

miffy
10-04-2008, 07:48 AM
I am thinking of doing these to give out but worry that by doing so I will be 'laying myself bare' :eek: (not for the first time I hear you cry ;) ) However, my sensible head says if parents use this to pull you up on something then that is better than it escalating (sp?)

Now what Kind of questions to I put in there? Other than: How am I doing? What would you change? but I think I need to be more specific with my questions.

Oh, and how often do you give them out? My 'oldest' parents have been with me 3 months now. Is 3 monthly too often? Is 6 monthly better?

Any help would be greatly (as always) appreciated :thumbsup:

I sent some questionnaires out to parents in january as it happened that was a month before my inspection. One parent mentioned a couple of things she'd like to see or me to do with her child.

When the inspector came i was able to show her what the parent had said and what I'd done so it worked well for me but I agree it could be a gamble

miffy xx

miffy
10-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Forgot to say Dee put a questionnaire in the resources section for members to use

miffy xx

manjay
10-04-2008, 07:55 AM
I Wales we have to provide a Quality of Care report every 12 months. For this we have to get views of parents and children.

What I also think was a really valuable point someone made (sorry can't remember who) when Little Miss Sparkles was dealing with a complaint. If you parents have filled these in and said everything is ok you have some evidence against them when they decide to throw a stop and complain against you. Of course that doesn't help if they say you were pants in the first place but I am sure that wouldn't happen:D

amanda xx