PDA

View Full Version : starting up

dianemellors
14-10-2010, 09:37 PM
hi every one just wondered how quick it took everyone to start up once getting certificate?
how long did it take for u to fill up your spaces?

Rain or Shine
14-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm pre reg so have no idea but i am interested to know.

How is it for you since you have started?

dianemellors
14-10-2010, 09:45 PM
i started in august and have 4 minders
i have hopefully another one but got to ring up tomorrow
my partner seams to be very negative on how im doing and its getting me down i have advertised everywhere i can think of and none of its work really its just word of mouth that has helped for me

Rain or Shine
14-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Thats a shame that he is not being more supportive in this. The more positive you feel, the better chance of you succeeding.

Depending on the age of children you looking at caring for, you give your details to schools, childrens centres, the council, there are free childminder advertising sites, display detaisl in shops, join the local childminding group as they share out children when they are unable to have them, give cards to your friends, if you have school children, pass your cards to their parents, they may not need your service but they may know someone who does.

Hope this helps
Good Luck
xxxxx

dianemellors
14-10-2010, 09:56 PM
thanks iv done friends shops etc
im on the internet on a few sites nothing ome of it yet but i have only got 2 places left and i am very proud of how i have got 4 children already but he dont seam to be sharing my happiness

Lady Haha
14-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I had one waiting for me when I started so that was handy.

Then I got another two within six months.

Then it was a year before I got two more and then another two came along a few months after that!!!

It took me two years to get all seven of them, but three and a half years later, I still have them all, not lost a single one:D

dianemellors
14-10-2010, 10:00 PM
so i have done quite good then?
i just wanted to know how well other people have done
my fella just seams to deflate me and it annoys me

Rain or Shine
14-10-2010, 10:02 PM
I say well done to ya diane, i should be registering in the next few months and i have no one lined up. Hope my other half is understanding about it.
I have recently got a job as a nursery assistant to keep me going until then.

Hope more come soon x

dianemellors
14-10-2010, 10:04 PM
i had one lined up and the others have just come really quick
sometimes when he goes on i might need to stop doing it and get a proper job i feel like saying get lost this is a proper job
he dont see it as a job

EllaBella
14-10-2010, 10:05 PM

sometimes partners can feel threatened by thier other halfs sucsess, it may be intimidating to him, you doing so well.... and he knows you ar doing well which maybe is why he is down on you... or he is just a grumpy man!

I think you have done really well to fill those places.

It took me 7 weeks from becoming rgisteded, to fill what i wanted , but I had nannied before and advertised ... yapped in everyones ears what i was doing :laughing: xx

dianemellors
14-10-2010, 10:08 PM
he is a moaning man lol
wat man isnt
he is very money orinated how ever u spell it
he seams to think i cant live on the money im earning cause iv got to pay rent etc but i still get discount on my rent etc but he dont see that he says i might have to get a part time job as well as doing this as well as look after my 2 children from a previous relationship
sorry im ranting lol

Lady Haha
14-10-2010, 10:10 PM

You are doing really well!! It took me a year and a half to have four mindees!!! Give yourself a pat on the back and ignore old grump!

dianemellors
14-10-2010, 10:11 PM
thank u
i think its cause im not relying on him as much now either i have just brought myself a 7 seater people carrier with the money i had earned and saved up without his help

EllaBella
14-10-2010, 10:15 PM
thank u
i think its cause im not relying on him as much now either i have just brought myself a 7 seater people carrier with the money i had earned and saved up without his help

id say he was jealous xx

dianemellors
14-10-2010, 10:15 PM
me too lol
x