PDA

View Full Version : Swimming

Noomie
14-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I would love to take one of my mindees (4 years old) swimming as I have a time where 12-4 I have just here and my own daughter (20 months). My daughter is very confident in the water and doesn't need constant holding, in fact refuses it.

Does anyone know of the requirements for taking children swimming. I will call NCMA and Ofsted, but can't be arsed tonight.

gegele
14-10-2010, 06:38 PM
i do take my mindees everyweek swimming.Love it. you have to risk assess it that's all!

swimming pool limit you to 3under 8 and only 1 under1 in that.

i put 9month in a seat and he floats around staring at everyone, the 21months old is quite confident and my 26months ds is a Luny who's growing scales LOL

they love it!

i go with a friend minder which makes the quick toilet trip which are by the pool easier.:D

last year i use to take the bigger ones straight after school one friday to chill from the week, this year it's not possible because of dd danse lesson so we're going to do it on thursdays.

:thumbsup:

Noomie
14-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Wicked! Swimming, here we come. Woop, woop. x

blue bear
14-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Depends where you live, our pool only allows two under 8's with one adult, I take them whenever I can but that's not regular as I need one to be away.

Pipsqueak
14-10-2010, 07:40 PM
i have taken a mindee swimming before - time and ratio constraints do not allow it as a regular thing.

check with the regulations of your pool - my local pool only allows you to take one non-swimmer in (this includes if they have to use swim aids) and 1 under 8 per adult.

snufflepuff
14-10-2010, 07:48 PM
The pools in this area allow 2 under 8's per adult. I'd love to do it but i'm not brave enough! It would mean 2 one year olds, i'd be traumatisedby the end i'm sur!. I'd do it if mindee was older though like in your situation.

Noomie
14-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Snufflepuff, that's why I wanna do it. Older one is 4 and mine is close to 2. I see other parents there when I take DD with 2, so our pool's policy must be at least 2 under 8. If it was younger ones like your situation then I'd be giving it a miss too.

I will find out tomorrow though and do a reccy on Sunday for the risk assessment.