PDA

View Full Version : Parents on another planet?

phoebe-alice
14-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Sometimes the working week feels far too long, and far too many hours. I have sisters that I have just about every day and I just feel at my wits end with this family there has been so much trouble in the past and now I'm just past disgruntled now. :angry:
For the last 2 weeks I have had the girls long days as normal but yesterday morning their mum mentioned she hasn't been at work as she quit and has been using that time to do odd jobs.. at the moment I feel I'm working far too many hours as it is but just topped me off that she is just sat at home doing as she pleases not even working to pay her already mounting up bill. And I could have had the rest I've needed for a long time now, I can't remember the last holiday I had.
Does she expect money to fall from the sky when she just sits there, I don't think so. :rolleyes:
She also hinted she might be getting a new job which may be either shift work, part time, full time or anything and didn't even mention it I'm starting to wonder if it is worth all this stress. I feel like I just need a new start and as soon as things start to slide put my foot down.
I'm so fed up its silly, it doesn't make me want to get up in the morning. Thank goodness for a forum winge. :(
Hope everyones having a better day than mine!

rickysmiths
14-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Oh dear big hugs.

It sounds as if she ows you money? You must get tough and get the bill paid up to date if this is the case otherwise the situation will just get worse and worse.

If mum is at home at the moment maybe now is the time to have a few days break as it won't inconvienience her too much?

You know NCMA recommend we take a min of 20 days holiday a year and the government set a min any employer is allowed to give an enployee is 25 days a year. This is not without reason. We all work long hours and do a mentally and physically demanding job. You need a break to re-charge your batteries and be able to carry on offering a good service. Remember all your parents will have a min of 25 days (pro-rata) holiday a year so don't feel at all guilty taking time off.

Also regarding payment. I wonder how many parenbts would feel if they got to pay day and their employer said 'oh sorry i forgot But I'll pay you next week insteed'. You can imagine the uproar!! Well they shouldn't do it to you either.

Good luck and be strong.

Mookins
14-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Sometimes the working week feels far too long, and far too many hours. I have sisters that I have just about every day and I just feel at my wits end with this family there has been so much trouble in the past and now I'm just past disgruntled now. :angry:
For the last 2 weeks I have had the girls long days as normal but yesterday morning their mum mentioned she hasn't been at work as she quit and has been using that time to do odd jobs.. at the moment I feel I'm working far too many hours as it is but just topped me off that she is just sat at home doing as she pleases not even working to pay her already mounting up bill. And I could have had the rest I've needed for a long time now, I can't remember the last holiday I had.
Does she expect money to fall from the sky when she just sits there, I don't think so. :rolleyes:
She also hinted she might be getting a new job which may be either shift work, part time, full time or anything and didn't even mention it I'm starting to wonder if it is worth all this stress. I feel like I just need a new start and as soon as things start to slide put my foot down.
I'm so fed up its silly, it doesn't make me want to get up in the morning. Thank goodness for a forum winge. :(
Hope everyones having a better day than mine!

how much does she owe you hun? cant you do no money no care if shes behind?
is she claiming tax credits perhaps a little bend of the truth about a phonecall youve received checking how often you have her kiddies;)

xxx