PDA

View Full Version : Accredited Childminder

samanthat6987
14-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Just got my certificate through, I wonder what difference it will make to the future families I provide care for?

venus89
14-10-2010, 12:36 PM
It means that you can provide funded places so families who may not want their child to go to preschool at 3 or 4 years old can use their funded sessions with you. It almost certainly means you'll get paid a bit less when they do so but for the families and the children it provides a continuity of care - you potentially get to keep the children in your care for longer.

Congrats!

JCrakers
15-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Well done you...I really admire childminders who do this.
I had a parent ask me to do it, so i looked into it and thought .....No :D

Extra work??? No thanks :D

Well done to you
Becky xx

manjay
15-10-2010, 11:00 AM
For me it provides parent's with a choice of where to send their child for their free entitlement. However the greatest benefit is to me in my circumstances as it is the only way I can access some training:rolleyes:

venus89
15-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Ah yes, I forgot to mention the training :blush:

For us, being accredited is now a compulsory part of being on the Network, otherwise I wouldn't bother with it as in reality I have little interest in working for less money and so far haven't had any need for it. But as you say, Manjay, it gives you more training opportunities. And as it's associated with the Network here that means more support too, I've always got the network coordinator around to look at my work and help me improve what I'm doing.

gigglinggoblin
15-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Heard a thing on the radio this morning about 15 hours free childcare for some 2 year olds, if we can take them then demand is likely to rocket in my area

venus89
15-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Heard a thing on the radio this morning about 15 hours free childcare for some 2 year olds, if we can take them then demand is likely to rocket in my area

In our area it's the Children's Centre who put forward the 2 year olds for this childcare. I'm meant to be the person they use and I've not heard a peep yet! And I'm closely involved with them anyway, it's not them being ******-minded about it

Ali56
15-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Our local council pays well for accredited hours and it is more than the going rate for childcare! Definately worth it! :D