PDA

View Full Version : How do you organise your day with different aged children???

MrsLadybird
14-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I am thinking of becoming a childminder. I have 2 kids of my own (aged 3 years and 6 mo) and I am constantly running from one to the other and never achieving much else. The baby only naps for half an hour 4 or 5 times a day.

Please could you tell me or give me example of how I would manage a day with 6 children of different ages without getting totally stressed out.

singlera
14-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Relax take a deep breath and drink plenty of coffee!

Seriously, my normal day is with a 5 month old, 15 month old(mine) 3 year old and after school 6 and 8 yrs old too.

The easiest way to manage your day, i have found with these varying ages is to be a little routined. I also found that when planning activities for the older children to carry these out whilst the younger ones are sleeping is more beneficial to all ( also less stressful as you are not watching for little hands putting little things in mouths!).

Hope this helps:laughing:

PixiePetal
14-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Don't start with 6 children - build up from 1 or 2 extras. You will get into the swing of things and it all settles down (hopefully!)