PDA

View Full Version : HM Revenue & Customs

Helen Dempster
14-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I've just had a call from someone at HM R&C. Apparently they're phoning child carers randomly to do with this new Government initiative regarding tax credit claims. Have any of you had a call like this? I was a bit unsure, which is why I asked her what it was about, but she had all the info on the kids in my care and their mother's name. Just wanted to know if the info was correct, how often the child came to me, if the mum gets any other help etc.

wellybelly
14-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I've had 2 or three calls like this and they've written to me aswell. If you're unsure, ask them to send their request in writing. Don't give your address though as they should already have it from your unique reference number, then you'll know it's genuine.

Lady Haha
14-10-2010, 10:18 AM
I had a call like this a couple of years ago, but nothing since! I think it's good if they are stepping up on this one actually!!

Hebs
14-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I now ask for the request to be put in writing, if the child IS coming i confirm i provide childcare but no other info, if the child isnt i tell them this :thumbsup:
any requests for facts and figures i ask to be put in wiritng, never had one yet seems confirming childcare is enough for them

Mcgons
14-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I've just had a call from someone at HM R&C. Apparently they're phoning child carers randomly to do with this new Government initiative regarding tax credit claims. Have any of you had a call like this? I was a bit unsure, which is why I asked her what it was about, but she had all the info on the kids in my care and their mother's name. Just wanted to know if the info was correct, how often the child came to me, if the mum gets any other help etc.

I had a call last week but the parent has had to put a new claim in so there was a reason for it.

They had their computer systems closed though from Fri to Tues due to the systems being updated with this years renewals, so maybe it's linked in with that?

miffy
14-10-2010, 11:08 AM
I haven't had anything from them for a couple of years - I usually ask for it in writing then I take a copy before I post it back

Miffy xx