PDA

View Full Version : I give up

EllaBella
13-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I have had enough of childminding, I quit as of today. I have been lucky enough to get a well paid job in the nhs starting monday.

I love looking after children but thats about it

Ofsted are slow its shocking, I moved 8 weeks ago, and informed them well in advance, 7 follow up calls and STILL no cert for this house, despite 7 people telling me they will do it urgently.... 8 weeks of no money.

ncma, is a joke!!!! i had to use their legal team, and well, i may as well have done it myself, what exactly do we pay for cos its certainly not advice as they dont give any, im now taking parent to court which i pay for, again, why have ncma insurance???

I have had parents think they can defraud tax credits, take the total mic out of me,

I find myself fighting a constant battle to show them , actually im running a business, im not just the dumping ground, and yes i would like to NOT have to beg to be paid on time!!!

so this is me done, I am going to forsake being at home, for regular wages straight into my bank, i cannot cope with not knowing wen i get the next bit of money and constantly battling for what im owed. I have no partner to rely on . I worked so hard to become a childminder but the parents and ofsted/ncma lack of support is enough to make me go mad!

I am looking forward to having my home back too.

Bitsy Beans
13-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Good luck for the new job on Monday :D

Pipsqueak
13-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Ella, I am sorry that you have had such a horrid time but I wish you well in your new job.

Come back and give us an update:thumbsup:

Mookins
13-10-2010, 09:34 PM
:(
what a rotten time youve had hun:(

i wish you all the very best hun

xxx

gegele
13-10-2010, 09:37 PM
:thumbsup: good luck with your new job,
wish you all the best, and a nice relaxing week end you sound like you need it.:D

:clapping:

miffy
14-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Sorry it's not worked out for you.

Good luck in your new job - hope it's much less stressful for you!

Miffy xx

singingcactus
14-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I hope you enjoy your new job, and I'm sure you will. :)
Sorry to hear you've had such a bad run with childminding, it can be a great job, but all the rubbish that can come with it can suck big time.
Good luck x

Polly2
14-10-2010, 07:35 AM
What a pants time you have had - hope you happy in new job. Take care xx

jelly15
14-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Good luck in your new job.

MaryMary
14-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Sorry to hear you have had such a rotten time. Sounds like you have been really unlucky with the people you have dealt with.
Good luck in your new job and enjoy! :)

ruby
14-10-2010, 07:46 AM
sounds s if you have had a horrible time
have a nice restful week this week and good luck in your new job

cathy

EllaBella
14-10-2010, 08:14 AM
thanks everyone, I fell so much happier now I have quit! I will be needing a childminder for my daughter after school, and oh my word!!!!! I will be the perfect parent, cos I know just how miserable awful parents can be lol .

Its funny as I nannied for a family and I loved them all so much, I would never have stopped but they had to move to essex for work, I had the perfect family nannying.

I will still come on here , def to update you all with my non payer, I will get my money somehow:angry: :D , but for now, I am off to make the most of my free time :) xx

Lady Haha
14-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Good luck with your new job and sorry you have not enjoyed childminding! Sometimes all the things you mention do my head in and I feel like quitting too! Like you said, I think the parents are the worst part of this job! I am struggling at the mo due to being in hospital in August blah blah and as my rent goes out of my account tomorrow, I texted all parents on Sunday asking if they could please pay me by Tuesday at the latest so I could get it in the bank. They all did, but I felt sooooo guilty and all I was doing was asking if I could be paid ON TIME this week!!!!

For me the pro's outwiegh the cons, but the one think I know I could never do now is work for some one else!! I have gone abit self important since running my own business and would be mortified if I had a 'boss' asking me to do something!!!!:laughing:

nikijc0205
14-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Goodluck with your new job and hope it works out well for you. It's just a shame that when working as a childminder parents just don't appreciate us.x

SaijaM
14-10-2010, 11:47 AM
So sorry to hear you've had a crap time.. I'm sure you've learnt a lot though and can use these business skills in the future for your advantage :)
Good luck for monday xxxx

watgem
14-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm so sorry you have had such a bad time, I'm feeling like quitting myself at the moment TBH, it seems like there's lots of support out there for parents but not much for us. Good luck with your new job, and getting your life and house back:)

mummyMia
14-10-2010, 12:32 PM
So sorry to hear that. Makes me a little scared whenever I hear that someone is giving up as I am only just starting the registration process :(

mrs_scottydog
14-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Good luck for Monday! :) Hope it all goes well for you. Sounds like you've had a rough time with the childminding. Hx

Fabby
14-10-2010, 04:52 PM
All the best in your new career

snufflepuff
14-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Best of luck with the new job. Shame you had to quit but to be honest the way I feel right now I won't be far behind you!!!

sarah707
14-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Good luck with everything!

Don't be a stranger xx

Chimps Childminding
14-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Good luck with the new job!!

The trouble with this job is some bits of it are great (children :clapping: ) other bits of it are a complete pain in the a**e ie (some) parents, paperwork, your house turning into a nursery, people thinking that you are doing the job to get a bit of pocket money so it doesn't matter when they pay you, not realising that you rely on the money for food, bills etc.

Some days I too feel like giving it all up, trouble is I don't know what else I could do :panic:

zillervalley
14-10-2010, 06:01 PM
goog luck in your new job, and hope that you enjoy it better than you have childminding

keep us updated

ORKSIE
14-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Wishing you all the best in your new job.

Sorry to hear of your experiences of Cming.

xx