PDA

View Full Version : Feeling smug for advertising childminders.......

marnieb
13-10-2010, 02:44 PM
evenin' all!!!!

Round about story - at ds school we have parentmail, in which we get e-mails from the school with all the relevant school info. Was checking mine the other day and I was very depressed to see that the local after school club had an e-mail included. Now, this got my back up, as this club are basically getting MY school to do all of their advertsing!!! This club has pretty much stripped the cm's round here of all after school care.

So, I got my thinking cap on, and I've just come back from a meeting with the headmistress, and she's agreed to get the school office to put together a list of all cm's at the school to go out on the e-mail!!!! Now, if my name happens to be top of the list cos it's alphabetical, then that's nowt to do with me!!!!! :blush:

If me or one of my cm freinds gets some work due to it, then it will all be worth it and I'll be a happy bunny!!!

Ripeberry
13-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Good idea! I'm thinking of doing the same as our primary school is having an open evening in November and I may ask if some of my cards can be left out for people to pick up. :)

kirstya
13-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Well done you!! What a good idea! You have every right to feel smug! xxx

miffy
13-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Good for you - glad the headmistress took you up on the idea

Fingers crossed you get some work from it

Miffy xx

Bitsy Beans
13-10-2010, 08:18 PM
I have a similar issue with wrap around care at infant school. At the open evenings they have the staff there to advertise their services and can target the potential clients direct by post (I know this because they sent their blurb to me through the post) - that's something I just can't compete with :(

Anyway good for you for getting the school to include you :D