View Full Version : Housing benefit

13-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Anyone claim this?

Do you take your tax return each year? as evidence of income expeniture?

Or do I need to take my big box full of reciepts?? :blush: , I'm not very good with keeping on top of my accounts

13-10-2010, 10:41 AM
I've never taken anything in as evidence. They've taken my word for it and will send forms if they need filling in. Not sure if mine was slightly different as we were on housing benefit because neither of us worked, then I became self-employed. It's only if they feel you are cheating them that they chase paperwork and evidence as far as I know - happened to a friend of mine, but she was all above board anyway! x

13-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I claim this and only have a self declaration form to complete every few months. No evidence ever needed by me. Although your accounts do need to be up to date as the self declaration asks for detailed info on accounts.


13-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I get this and I filled in a form ans presume they will send me another soon they never asked for proof of income x

13-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys xx

13-10-2010, 05:12 PM
i was going to claim this too but thought they'd wanna see my reciepts etc and thought it would be too much of a faff on, now i will get my accounts up to date and start applying :thumbsup:

14-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I claim housing benefit and council tax benefit and I go in every year with my tax return and my NCMA accounts book. They photocopy the last page in the accounts book (Annual Summary Statement of Accounts) and keep the copy of my tax return. I'm a single parent so get my accounts done asap so I can get my tax credits worked out and then from there my benefits get worked out. I've never had any trouble or been asked to take anything else in.