PDA

View Full Version : meeting other childminders

jackandjill
13-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi, I have been childminding for 2 years now and during that time I have attended different toddler groups but we have never felt welcome and they have been very clicky.

I am wondering where I could meet other minders, I currently look after 3 children under 2 years ole and a 6 year old and feel the younger children would benifit from meeting new people and I would like some adult conversation and to meet new friends.
I live in Peterborough.

Any ideas would be more than welcome.

Many Thanks Sarah

Pipsqueak
13-10-2010, 11:09 AM
How brave are you feeling hun????

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67241&highlight=Peterborough+meet

This is perfect and you will not regret it - promise.

Millenium
13-10-2010, 03:49 PM
There are many SureStart Childrens and Families Centres and I use a couple local to me. I do know from a lot of comments on this and other boards, that some centres have issues with Childminders attending. It seems that some parents have moaned that the centres should not be used by people who are being paid to look after the children.

Our local ones have specific drop in sessions for minders once a week so as I have two close by, I go to both as they are sensibly scheduled on different days. No fee or even donation is charged and there are some excellent messy play things - they can offer things like painting and water play on a far grander scale than I could ever do in my home. They also have excellent toy libraries. Maybe we are lucky in our area but they are certainly a good place to meet other minders - there are probably less than 10 there on any occasion but if they each have two or three children then there could be up to thirty children there!

mamasheshe
13-10-2010, 06:59 PM
a couple of my local toddler groups are run by other minders and the sure start center has a specific meet once every two weeks xxx or ask you dev worker xx

miffy
13-10-2010, 07:03 PM
How brave are you feeling hun????

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67241&highlight=Peterborough+meet

This is perfect and you will not regret it - promise.

You'd be very welcome! :)

Miffy xx