PDA

View Full Version : increase in numbers

tis
09-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Can anyone help. My daughter is in the process of registering (almost there) and we are going to be working together from my house. Ofsted said we can look after 6 children, all under 5, if we want to increase we have to apply to council. Did this, and they said no, but we could apply to become a business and pay £265. Obviously don't want to do this. We only want additional numbers for upto an hour before and after school. Ofsted don't include over 8's, but would the council include them in our numbers? We only wanted 4 pre school children, but alreadly look after 5 over 8's. Obviously,when you start to look after babies they are going to go to school and you want to continue care, but that doesn't enable you to take on additional numbers. Want do they want you to do , throw out the old ones and replace with new? Hope someone understands what I am trying to say and sorry for waffling on

Pauline
09-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I will move this to the getting minding chat section as you will get more replies there. (This section is for problems with the forum)

sarah707
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
We only want additional numbers for upto an hour before and after school. Ofsted don't include over 8's, but would the council include them in our numbers? We only wanted 4 pre school children, but alreadly look after 5 over 8's. Obviously,when you start to look after babies they are going to go to school and you want to continue care, but that doesn't enable you to take on additional numbers. Want do they want you to do , throw out the old ones and replace with new? Hope someone understands what I am trying to say and sorry for waffling on

If you only want additional children for a brief time you can ask Ofsted for a variation - give them a ring and get their advice... 08456 404040.

Over 8s are a grey area and aren't counted in your Ofsted numbers, but their care cannot adversely affect the care of other children in your setting... I can't imagine the council worrying too much about them unless you get complaints of raucous merriment between 3 and 6pm! :D