PDA

View Full Version : stat maternity pay

kazc28
12-10-2010, 07:58 PM
hi all need help i have 2 jobs, being a childminder is my second job i only do this once a week, Im pretty certain im pregnant what happens when baby is born, i dont want to be going to work straight away i would like the full 9 months of on my normal job but im quite happy to continue minding the one day a week, am i entitled to stat mat pay or not, does any one know ?

Chatterbox Childcare
12-10-2010, 08:18 PM
It is my understanding that you have to be paying NI for x amount of weeks in the last 3 years. Call you local job centre and they should have the accurate up to date information

Roseolivia
12-10-2010, 09:39 PM
With your current job you should get stat maternity pay as you're employed by someone else. If you claimed it as a self employed childminder it would be maternity allowance and what you'd be entitled to depends on whether you've been paying NI as a self employed person and how much and for how long. I've just started getting maternity allowance and have been paying NI since starting minding 3yrs ago so am entitled to the full amount which is £124.88 per week.